Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Good Sunday and Valentine's Day





It was a good day.
Church. Nap. Family Zoom.
Husband took walk, I called my Mom
and cleaned and set up things for our special dinner.
My Husband heated up the food (leftovers we got yesterday
and it was just perfect and tasted even better the second day!)
and I did the candles, even put rose scented incense in our
tealight incense burner... 
My Husband got me a book on tea that I wanted 
and ordered on his behalf after talking to him about it.
He sat and looked at it with me,
just like I sit and look at his books he gets
(he gets military history books with cool pictures).
I got him this super fun bookmark:


Cute, eh? :)
He is indeed my Book Dragon and I am his :) Ha!
We love books so much!
***
Mr Husband's been telling me about the 3 wars
between the Dutch and the English (1600s time frame)
and he has fun telling me about what is going on
and I enjoy that, feels like a running narration of events 
to add colour and thought to our days.
***
We HOPE we can go to liturgy tomorrow, Monday, that is.
Ice keeps being a possibility so we will see,
pray and HOPE. 
***
Which means I better scoot off to bed. 
***
I had a moment tonight where I felt so suddenly light
and the house felt so clean and orderly.
I will savour that feeling,
as if our house was just blessed,
and thank God for a moment like this,
esp as I found last week to have a lot of grey heaviness.
***
I can't wait DV to look more at the art of tea book,
it's beautiful and full of summer and spring pictures... 
Good for one's soul in the midst of February winter!
***
God bless you all, comfort you....

1 comment:

Sara said...

You were blessed with a lovely day, and you do have a wonderful Valentine in your dear husband too. I'm glad for you both. It's sweet that you share a love of books and take time to sit and look at them together. I wonder how many can say that? I hope Monday is going well for you. May your week be blessed!