Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Beautiful Music and Memories

 


Paul Carr 
7 Last Words from the Cross
Air for Strings
Heard on Classic FM at 7:49 January 12th
***
I wrote this a few years ago and needed to record it 
(wrote it on a small piece of paper from a hotel)
It is below
***
Checking Out

Asking him to help me put
purchases to take by my red clothed cart,
I noticed:
his hands trembled as he scanned plastic, metal...
Grey hair, thick on his head, smooth still skin,
without mention or any attention to his hands,
he helped me twice,
wrapping swaths of plastic in circles to keep the large 
plastic bag straight on the top of the red cart,
fixing the metal and cloth Velcro hooks worked in an efficient
[manner, his eyes calm, steady and kind]
***

Karl Jenkins - " The Armed Man" Benedictus
Also heard first on Classic FM
***
I can't tell you how much I love this music,
it always makes me stand proud
and feel hope 




Both of these must not be the one that
Classic FM plays, 
but at least gives you an idea of this beautiful song. 
***
I hope this day is having some moments of beauty for you!
***
May God bless and save us!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It was a strange day with sunshine, rain and times where it was windy...all in one day. I had more energy than usual and got some things done that I have to finish tomorrow but it won't take long.
My computer is acting up and unfortunately I couldn't watch any videos, yours or anyone else's.

Pom Pom said...

I like that . . . still skin.