Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sunday: Three Weeks and It Will Be Great Lent





It was wonderful to be at church and
talk briefly with some friends afterwards. 
I got more of SD Smith's books!
We did some grocery shopping and went home,
unloaded the car, taking everything up stairs where we live
and putting it away and then sitting down to soup and bread
that we heated up, the bread toasted.
Then a nap, then a walk in the lovely cold air.
The pile of snow is so big; we've had more snow this year
than all the years I have lived here (8 years).
We talked to a neighbour on the way back and found out that the men
who were helping with the shoveling were merely helping out
and being neighbourly, we were so surprised.
Then my Husband helped me cup up 2 cartons of mushrooms,
1 onion and 1 shallot and then I fried them (onion and shallot first)
and then we heated up broccoli, my Husband had eating some potato
already, I fried 2 eggs for myself (my Husband dislikes them) and
we split a large banana and each had an orange.
I am so thankful for citrus fruit at this time of year, 
it's such a blessing in such a hard winter month.
February is a hard month for so many.
DV we are going to NYC on Wednesday.
It's supposed to be warmer and I am so glad for that.
May God help us, the weary!
Lord have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, I think it's going to be 48 on Wednesday!

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

I so agree about citrus fruit at this time of year! wonderful :)
So glad you are able to go to church safely. We had a brief window of permission for services in the summer, but the church I would go to is so small and services are long... I didn't go, and now they are all closed again by public health orders. The clergy are able to celebrate the Liturgy but without any of the faithful present. So, our prayers arise from home, and from the altars in the churches on our behalf. Liturgical tradition is a wonderful thing to fall back on in such times.

Paula said...

I miss my church in Ottawa, but I'm not sure when I'll feel safe enough to go back :(