Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wednesday: the Day the Christmas Tree Came Down













And, with working from morning-lunch, the Christmas tree is down!
A lot of work but good work! 
So that's all packed away.  
I still need to do the buffet with +Patrick's lamp on it.
I need to replace a light bulb on the bottom of the lamp at the
same time as putting in the longer table runner,
so I need Mr Husband's help. 
Hope to do this by the weekend or on Saturday :)
***
I am, perhaps ironically, a book on Dutch Christmas soon... :)
And two other books as well... So that is fun!
More on that later, God willing!
***
Tomorrow I hope to do a day that involves more work on my essays.
I think if I can get 2 days (during the day) to work on these,
I will be doing well, considering the pandemic, my 
Husband working from home (more meals and cleanup for me),
and such.
***
No walk for me today as I was pretty much up and walking at home ALL day.
Whew, my lower back was feeling that. 
***
So, I had a lovely moment today.
After I changed out all the Christmas things,
and got lovely Blue Delft Dutch pottery out,
including on our table (nearly set for Valentine's day dinner
which will be at home like it was last year God willing) 
and I sliced an apple, had decaf PG Tips black tea, 
put a small dollop of peanut butter on each apple slice
and read more on the novel I am reading 
(Strange Meetings by Susan Hill) and Classic FM was playing 
amazingly beautiful calm happy music,
and my Husband was out for his walk and I had the house,
miraculously, to myself... 
It was just a splendid moment in time,
slowly eating slices of apple with peanut butter applied with
one of my favourite thin silver-plated bread knives,
with beautiful music and a novel whose pages are engrossing.
I know how precious these fleeting but full moments are and
wanted to write about them to remember and thank God for it. 
***
One of the songs they played was this one,
which, if you have not heard it, or even if you have,
it would do you well, I would think, to hear it again.
It's very beautiful. 


(Charles Villiers Stanford, 'The Blue Bird') 
***
Well.  Other than this we had a new veggie burger from Trader Joe's
that I got months back, 
the Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers, With Black Beans & Roasted Corn.
It was pretty good.  Fell apart a bit after baking in toaster oven but good.
Nice to have some variation for fasting (vegan) days! :) 
***
I am glad for the strength to put the Christmas tree and decorations away
and am enjoying our home 'back to normal'... but it sure was nice to have
the Christmas tree for these past couple of months! :) 
***
Oh, and if you want to read a lovely story, this new one of Sean's was 
very heartwarming.
****
 I pray this finds you well.  
I hope you enjoyed the music and that you had a
moment of peace today!
God bless you deeply and help you in 
all that you are personally struggling with! 

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely music. Your livingroom will seem rather empty for a while as you get used to it without the Christmas tree.