Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday: Adding Beauty, Seeing Sun and Blue Skies












Saturday, what a busy day you are.
Laundry, dishes, hanging up plates,
a walk in brisk cold air with blue skies, still
a damp cold... 
vespers tonight.
Unlike Christians in the Catholic or Protestant Western traditions,
our calendar is quite divergent this year and we have
yet to begin Lent,
we have 3 more weeks or is it 4? March 15 is the beginning of our Lent,
regardless of how many weeks we have left.  I think 3, yes, it is 3,
I just checked.
So this week is fast-free week, meaning we can have
meat and dairy all week.
Then a normal week of fasting/feasting,
meaning Wednesday and Friday are fast days, then that Sunday
is the last day for meat and the next week is devoted to dairy
and fish as desired and then the fast begins.
I always dread the fast and then am relieved when it starts. 
I can tell you one thing, I join the ranks of millions who are 
just tired out these days.
My eyes are tired easily (I hope they don't get too much worse,
as that often means they are).  I am tired more easily.
I think so many of us are tired, with winter's cold, pandemic isolation
and the changes in our lives because of the pandemic.
And yet, so much to be thankful for.
I listened to more of Victtoria Cottage by DE Stevenson.
I had good food to eat and take out for dinner.
I was able to go to church.
And tomorrow we hope to go again.
And so it goes... 
***
Lord help us and preserve us! 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I agree that Saturdays are busier than most of the other days of the week although Mondays tend to be extra busy too. It looks like you had a lovely day for a walk. Have a blessed Sunday.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, everyone is tired of this long haul.
At least spring is on the way. I always think if I make it to March 1, everything will be ok.
February is always tough.
I have finished the Miss Read books, except for Mrs. Griffin Sends Her Love. Maybe that will get me through the week.
Today it will warm up; the snow will begin to melt. The sun is clear and bright.

Paula said...

My eyes have been tired lately too and I've had a headache for over a week. I think I'm going to have to give in and get progressives. Sigh, it's been nice being glasses free (basically) these last few years. It was great when I realized I didn't need my distance glasses all the time. But now my close-up vision is wanting me to wear my glasses more and more. :(

Hugs from the Valley.