Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday Without Pictures but an incredible novel read in one day

 My Husband put up 3 plates above the door to our
library chapel.  He LOVES to tease me. 
Now when he leaves the room, 
he says BANG, as if a plate fell to the ground.
He thinks he's so funny.
He may just be right, 
just don't tell him so... :)
***
Don't know how I got it before it's official release,
but I can assure you, having read the novel nearly in 
ONE day, that it is worth reading
and I enjoyed it so much.
Sean's writing is such a gift and this novel
was so well done; I loved the characters, how the story flowed.
It has real drama and parts of it are just so vivid, you feel like
you are there watching and are amazed.
I highly recommend 
The Incredible Winston Brown as a novel from the South
when Jackie Robinson was playing ball and a 
Sheriff becomes a hero and a girl's tale of 
harrow and rescue is told in a powerful sweeps... 
Sean really out did himself, his narrative,
his ability to tie a book together like that, 
it's truly 'one for the books' and I cannot 
recommend it enough - it was a wonderful,
exciting, absorbing read. 
***
Keeping this blog post short and 
asking God to bless each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I see it's 352 pages, even! It sounds like a charming story after I read a review that it takes place in a town where ice cream socials are common!