Saturday, February 06, 2021

Too Much Is Never Enough





My Husband to our thoughtful caring local priest:
"With Elizabeth, too much is never enough"
...."She bought 49 pounds of candles
and had three times as much blessed here than church candles."
I knew I would, if I could I would get all 49 pounds blessed.
(I give some away of course, you realize).
But yes, I buy a lot of candles and as the years go by,
the more I want blessed.
After this past year, 
I don't know how the whole world does not just up and decide
"we need all the help we can get, 
let's ALL go to church and get blessed"
And burn blessed prayed for candles every day of the year. 
***
Well.
So yesterday I got in the mail this incredible book.
Remember a while back when I told you to go read an encouraging article
(Well did you?!?)
Well, I read his book,
and I was reading it late last night and did not even remember
to come here on my blog to say hello.
sorry about that :) 
***
I've finished the book,
fully recommend and I am working on my review
of the book now.  I have the first draft of it 
already written and hope to share it with you all this week.
***
So, we are expecting another 4 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow.
So while we made it to vespers, 
we won't know about liturgy until later. 
***
We blessed candles tonight because we missed liturgy this
past Tuesday locally when you would bless candles.
And with liturgy being unsure tomorrow,
we did it tonight.
And boy, I do feel blessed.
***
Today had a lot of joy in it.
A walk in sunshine with my Husband.
Pizza for lunch.
We split three chocolate caramels, trying to guess at the 
flavours.  I had lots of tea.
Did laundry.  Vespers.  Takeout for dinner.
Talked to my Mom while doing laundry, 
including a 2000 foot mountain of it on our bed. :)
Whew, that was a lot of clean laundry! :)
Finished Sean's book.
It's a give-you-hope-when-life-includes-(great)-suffering book.
A Can-I-just-subsist-on-cereal-until-I-finish-the-book, book.
A you may want to buy this book now, book.
As I said, review DV, this week.
***
But now it is time for bed. 
***
Be blessed my people, be blessed.

5 comments:

Martha said...

I love beeswax candles! How much snow did you get? We made a snowman a week ago and it's still standing! High 24 F here today.

Elizabethd said...

I had one of those mountains too, but my lovely lady who helps me (but cant because of lockdown) came and took it all away! What joy.

Mary said...

How odd. I also possess a 2000 ft. mountain of laundry on my bed.

Granny Marigold said...

Well, I think maybe you don't want to run out of lovely candles.
I hope you don't get too great a snowfall. Keep warm and safe at home.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Covid got me out of the habit of buying candles before each service at church, and now I am trying to get back in the swing of that! I love it when I have to stand in line to venerate and while I'm waiting I take a few big sniffs of my candle.

Do you order candles online? What is your favorite source? My last tapers for home use came from The Monastery of St. John of San Francisco in Manton, California. But they don't sell votives...