Monday, February 15, 2021

Monday: Feast Day and Festive foods










We made it to church!!!
Thank God, no ice!!! 
I have pretty much gotten all of my new
candle order of candles blessed this year
between the 2 churches we go to.
After this past year, who would not want the extra blessing! :) 
We went to Trader Joe's and then have burgers for lunch!
There was no one eating in the restaurant really so we did
and felt we were safe... it was a decent burger, I've had better
but this was a good one and I enjoyed it!
At Trader Joe's I got 5 (small) boxes of vegan samosas that my
intention is to save for Lent... we could have one a week for 
variation.... 
It's nearing a year since the pandemic started here, 
It's been such a difficult year for everyone for all different reasons...
***
Tomorrow I hope to make this broccoli tomorrow
I bought everything I need at Trader Joe's! 
***
I am thinking of combining parts of the two recipes for 
butternut squash soup.
Nutmeg, cayenne pepper, carrots, onion...
perhaps I will make it vegan, with my 
vegan chicken bouillon... and then, for non-vegan days,
add just a hint of soup cream instead of creme fraiche... 
Should I have roasted apple with or skip that and 
perhaps add some red lentils? 
thoughts on that?  I think a more savoury, spice soup
is more what I am looking for this time around...
Thoughts??? do share!
***
OK. Well. It's now midnight once again. 
I will publish this as if it is not so because I want 
Monday's date on it as it is Monday's post!
***
I am still thinking about Juliana's book.
It's going to be a bit before I can post a review.
First I have to write the first draft. 
Then. Well, give it some days and then perhaps some more days.
I can say though that on one level, 
the book focuses in on relationships pretty intensely,
it is an interesting read in terms of pondering communication 
and what happens when it breaks down and when it happens
and what results.  That may sound simple but reality is not so
and the book is not either, in a good way.
***
OK. I best be off!
I hope your day was OK dear ones!
but before I do... the feast we went to, if you wanted to know,
I read the festive hymn parts last night and the poetry for the
Matins service that is in the Festal Menaion (a book of the parts of the feast
that one needs to have to make the service) is SO BEAUTIFUL.
Those poems, hymns, they go back and forth moving so beautifully.
And I found myself, as I often do, rather shocked at how skewed the preception
many have of the early church in terms of how they viewed women.
You see both the Theotokos (Mother of God/Virgin Mary) and Prophetess Anna
set in such high regard!!! 
OK. NOW I am off. I just wanted to mention that...!
***
God's blessings to you all!
(oh and praying for Texas as many without power in the cold 
without proper ways to deal with cold, and esp praying for the lineman!)
God's blessings!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Richards said...

Thank you for praying for Texas! My brother, son and step-dad are down there. My step-dad is having rolling blackouts in his town and my brother, who is further north, lost his heat. (The heater just stopped working, though his electricity is okay.) My son lives in Ft. Worth, and they're all having icy roads that they aren't used to dealing with. Glad you got to church and got to eat out! Stay safe and warm. I think spring is just around the corner! God bless!