Saturday, February 27, 2021

Always beginning

 

Well, we begin again.
Soon it will be Lent.
I was able to go to confession today, a relief,
one that is hard to explain if one does not practice this so all
I can say is that it is a blessing.
***
I feel right side up again.
***
Of course I need to work on staying that way!
***
For those who love Christian Orthodox reading, this post
from a few years ago was on social media today and it really blessed me.
***
Well, I felt so loved today.
My Husband finished putting up the plates that we had to put up yet!
I have not gotten pictures yet but hope to soon.
***
I went through a few tries on a novel to read and boy,
some that I got were just no good.
What a difference an author who seeks to give light
verses an author who does not!
So I am reading a DE Stevenson novel,
The Tall Stranger and that is one that gives light.
***
I got out a chicken from the freezer, and hope to make it on Monday.
This is the last week we eat meat before Lent
and it's a blessing... so chicken this week and then this Sunday, roast beef
as we are DV having very special guests coming.
***
We went on a short walk today.
The weather is warmer than it was and the sun shone at times.
I am thankful.
***
I keep coming back to a beautiful image in a book called,
Man, Target of God (it's about God's loving gaze being on us)
of the three youths in the fire
and that Christ is the Angel that comes to be with them in the fire... 
(the story in the book of Daniel) ... 
Christ coming to be with us...
***
Well, I must go. 
I am excited to have this last week of eating meat and the 
time of Lent and then of Pascha.
I am so thankful.
***
May God help us, have mercy on us, forgive us and save us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I will look for that D.E.Stevenson book. If you can find Music in the Hills and Winter and Rough Weather I think you'll enjoy them. They have some of the characters from Vittoria Cottage.
I hope your Sunday went well. Take care.

elizabeth said...

Granny Marigold I have these and just re-read them!

Martha said...

I'm also enjoying this warmer weather and spending more time outdoors. Is that homemade biscotti?

pleximama said...

"I feel right side up again." Your words may be the fittest description of after-confession peace that I've ever read. God bless you in your preparations for the fast.