Monday, March 01, 2021

Monday: Short and Sweet

 






Last night I was not feeling well - I think I was dehydrated which often gets me feeling 'off'... so this morning I had more than the normal cleaning to do, as I had not done the dishes last night as I would have done.  [I feel just fine today!] My Husband took care of some of them and the rest I did before lunch.  Lunch was splitting the last beef steak pie (smells so good cooking!) and a salad.  I hope to bake a chicken for dinner, this being the last week we eat meat before Great Lent. 

I got an email from my beloved library.  They are concerned about a new variant in NYC that has made the news recently.  They are now requiring masks that are surgical/many layered/kn95/n95 and not others that are merely one layered (i.e. a bandanna etc).   So it's clear that some of NYC is already quite worried.  Totally understandable, after all NYC went through last year.  It's been the question I have known for a few months: not will variants come here, I knew enough to know that they are already here; but will we have a sudden surge - will a variant suddenly blow up, causing grave concerns?  We will see.  I have never felt so sorry for so many people as I have over the last year.  

So Sean's new novel is out as of tomorrow: The Incredible Winston Browne I bought it here and as I mentioned, it came to me early.  I am working on a review I hope to post tomorrow to help celebrate it.  It was such an enjoyable read and I recommend it to you without reservation!  

It's late out now, midnight actually.  Tomorrow I hope to not only bake more bread but roast a small chicken, and some potatoes and other vegetables.  And cabbage.  I finished re-reading DE Stevenson's The Blue Sapphire which my NYC library has and I have their copy.  Oh is that a wonderful novel. I hope to review it as well... It's full of sunshine... 

Well.  Time for me to say goodnight and God bless you all! I know this is a hard time for so many of us but I pray that you may sense the hope we have in Christ and that He is there with us.

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you had a good day today.