Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Wednesday: Warmer, Sunshine, a new Cafe and Marion Cunningham's Rescue Biscuits





Hi Elizabethd! So glad about the letter!
I am glad you like Marion Cunningham's 
Rescue Biscuits! they are such a joy!
Above is the recipe,
and here is what I have written before about how I make them
slightly different, using the same recipe:
I follow the recipe but not the instructions to roll and shape
the biscuits but instead do the 'drop biscuits' way
and merely drop them onto the pan with parchment paper.
It's amazing that, while they bake into what looks like
one big connected pile of biscuits, they actually separate 
so easily.  And they are so light, much better than if they 
were worked more, pressed and shaped. 
***
I wrote about these biscuits before, HERE and HERE.
***
If I can help, Elizabeth, with this more, you know where to reach me :)
***
So, a new day today.
Was a bit less anxious over all.
Sunshine was lovely!
A woman in my city had lost her dog and was reunited with it
and I am just happy for her. 
I know how much a pet can mean to a person.
***
So back in 2019, a cafe nearby was advertised in a newer 
building but then it never materialized,
the pandemic hit and everything changed.
Well, if you read my blog you know that my Husband and I take
walks every day.
I started noticing work done on the Cafe I think late last year.
Then it seemed to stop and then start again.
And all of a sudden there was new signs up for it.
Then today I saw a guy by a window, appearing to be
taking off some of the cling film window stuff 
(since I don't know what it's actually called) that was
advertising the space but hiding the windows from view,
as the film was opaque.
I went to look, talked with the guy,
found out he is the new owner of the Cafe and learned
that they hope to open in a month or so and
that it was going to be a breakfast/lunch place.
Well, here's to hoping.
It would be fun to have in the area. 
Some places make it here and some don't. 
***
So I worked on essays some more.
***
We took a good walk.
I made veggie burgers for lunch and then forgot about them
while I was doing some writing and then my Husband came in
and asked when was lunch and low and behold the burgers were done
(my toaster oven turns off once the time for baking that you set is done)
and so I quick toasted the English muffins, and we had a salad
and that was lunch; with an orange.
***
Dinner was quickly made as I was in the middle of an essay edit
and so I baked potatoes in microwave, had spinach salad and 
another orange and called it good.
***
My Husband was able, about a month or so ago, to fix up
our printer to print over WiFi.
FINALLY I could print whenever I wanted to 
(I pretty much ditched my laptop, it's not even plugged in
and so I use only my Chromebook which does not have
drivers for the printer so I can only use it over WiFi...)
And, ack and alas, it's stopped printing that way again.
Sigh. Well. My Husband printed things for me tonight
and tomorrow I need to do the following:
1. Take out the beef roast I am making for a special dinner
this Sunday.
2. Get out the white table cloth and put it on our spare small table.
Other than this, I need to:
3. Do something with our potatoes because they are all sprouting, as it were. 
4. Take out our leftover-in-the-freezer seed cake and start eating it.
5. Get out crockpot to cook beef roast in so it is ready.
Lent starts in less than 2 weeks!
***
Well, tomorrow is another day.
***
Every day that I have like this one, I am so thankful for.
A day that was quiet, with sunshine and peace.
Every day, I ask God for more of the same.
***
May God have mercy on us, save us and show us the way!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Did you mean to start off with "HiElizabeth"?
A quiet day with lots of sunshine here as well! It reached 60 F yesterday.

elizabeth said...

Hi Martha yes I did! Elizabethd asked for my rescue biscuits recipe!🥰 it was in the warm 50s here yesterday!

Elizabethd said...

And here is the other Elizabeth! Thanks so much for the recipe, dear Elizabeth. I will copy it into my book now.

elizabeth said...

You are most welcome Elizabethd!!! :) It's a lovely recipe and I am so happy you love it too!

Angie said...

Hello Elizabeth,long time, I know! I want to say a big thank you for this wonderful recipe! All of us loved their taste and how they turned out even though I replaced the milk with with almond milk and I omitted the egg so it is fasting friendly! They're going to be our favorite easy to make treat! God bless you!

elizabeth said...

Hi Angie! I have made this recipe vegan as well! I used almond milk and an egg replacement powder, made them really soft and delicious!