Thursday, March 18, 2021

Clean Week: Thursday










Hello! It's been forever it feels since I last visited you all! 
I've been in church every night since Monday,
it's been good and where everything feels deeply right.
The Canon of St Andrew is like that.
***
We pray that Canon the first week of Lent and some places again in the
5th week of Lent also, all the way through, a very long service.
***
Well.  I am working on a huge unexpected writing project
that has kept me busy for days.
It's actually a hard one to write
and parts of it are very sad so sometimes I feel a bit 
like the stuffing has been taken out of me
and I still feeling my way through it all.
I often feel what I am writing is really worth writing
but don't know anything other than this.
And I really can't tell you anything more
other than my Sister-friend, who knows me so well
and for over 20 years now understood it right away
and said that I must write it for the kids that come after us.
Not that I was thinking it a kid book or even YA but I knew 
just what she meant, for all of that.
***
I made soup today, 
very simple Lentil soup.
***
I got the most beautiful two silver-plate trays today,
both a gift from someone older who I care very much about.
It was utterly unexpected and very treasured.
***
I am reading Elizabeth Goudge's the Blue Hills and it is so 
full of deep sunshine and beauty and everything that is
deeply good that I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is.
***
I've been having a TERRIBLE time sleeping.
The time change, some anxiety I have been living with 
(nothing outside wrong, as in our immediate lives)
and well, the big writing project keeps me awake sometimes.
It's rather unexpected and I suddenly understand how
Madeleine L'Engle would go so deep into something she wrote
and it was like it was with her all the time.
***
I have been thinking a lot about what repentance means
and while I don't do it well, especially when I read about
Christian Saints, but I can tell you that I love the Canon of St Andrew
and that repentance and hope are intertwined so tightly that
you can't have one without the other. 
***
Well, I am so very happy to have finally visited you all again.
I must get back into routine.
I really feel like my life has had a huge shift
with my writing in the past half year and I am still
getting my feet back on dry ground while plunging into
unexpected waters so I can later write about those waters.
So while there is nothing deep I can tell you
other than I am going many different places in my writing
and research for my writing. 
So I feel like when I come up from it,
it's like coming up from visiting a foreign land and
being a bit disoriented when I first realize that I am still 
in my home with all my beautiful things
and all the hope in the world because
Christ is there in this world and wanting me to be 
with Him forever, as indeed He wishes everyone would
and sometimes I think if I can only show how beautiful,
how full of sunshine, that hope is,
that then I will have lived to great purpose indeed.
***
So many dear ones are struggling.
Our prayer list is every growing.
May God have mercy on us and save us! 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time sleeping. It's hard to feel one's best when sleep is lacking but it's not like we can force ourselves to sleep. I resent those articles that say 'just go to bed earlier'. As if that helps.

Love those pretty tea pots!!

karen hess jewelry said...

I'm so sorry that you're not sleeping. I empathize with you and hope this quickly passes. Your silver trays are so lovely ~ what a precious gift! Lentil soup is something I never think to make during Lent...I don't know why, but your pot of soup looks so delicious! Have a peace filled weekend.
Blessings to all,
Karen