Friday, March 05, 2021

Friday: Beauty in the Ordinary (and really great book news!)










It's actually Saturday, the first moments of the day.  Again, up past Midnight.  I set up the table for our dear friends coming this Sunday for Sunday dinner (lunch that is).  I did another edit of all 5 things (3 reviews, 2 essays) but have to type in the changes.  That won't happen till earliest this Monday.  I realized that I have a new author to look into.  I wrote about this HERE on my public Instagram feed.   See HERE for more information on an author who was a friend of DE Stevenson and neighbour too!  

I am reading a Miss Read book.  One of the last Fairacre ones.  Which I don't know if I read before.  I have owned it for some time however.  I love her books so much, such treasures!  I have a feeling this one may make me cry though.  When I was reading the very beginning and Miss Read (the character) is talking to Miss Clare, I could just hear my Grandma's voice.   I talked to her, my Grandma, this afternoon.  She wondered if I would call as I often do on Fridays.  My Grandma was resting between doing things.  She's going to be 91 this June.  I dread the day that I won't be able to call her on the phone and hear, Elizabeth, hi how are you?  fine? I'm good too."  

It's funny.  When I am quiet and alone, I can still hear my childhood friend Tim's voice.  It's young but a bit gravely, low for the age he was when he died.  We were both 10 then and I was madly in love with Tim.  I've written about him before! He had leukemia.  For years, every August I would fall apart for a day or so when his death anniversary rolled around.  Until I had a service for him in my church in Ottawa and I had such healing then.  But I've never forgotten him and I just know that he is in heaven with Christ and that he's not far and his prayers are still with me.  To some that may seem strange, but even to Miss Read, I don't think it is.  Not when you read about Miss Clare.  Anyway, it's a comfort, remembering Tim.  AND then thinking how God gave me my Husband when I was in my mid-30s and how blessed I am.  

Well, dear ones.  I need to go now.  Tomorrow will be busy and I hope to have a zoom meeting at 10 AM and here it's half past midnight.  

God bless you, keep you, comfort and guide you! 

OH! My friend posted this on FB and I copied it.  I have seen likes of it before but if you need a good clean laugh, read on below! :)


I know.  I laughed too.  God keep you dear ones! 

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I laughed out loud. I know I had read them before but they still make me chuckle.
I'm glad you still have both your Mom and your Grandma. They are very special blessings.