Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Beautiful Saturday with Sunshine


I could not remember if I showed you all the above picture before,
it's at my parent's house and is all the beautiful dishes I got from my
Great Aunt P's home when she moved.
My Mom kept the dishes for me!
The two plates on the back left side are on our wall above our door
to our library/chapel/guest room :)
***
I went to church this morning, it was just so wonderful to be there! 












I had been worried about some things / wondering how to keep
God's peace and, really, sunshine as it were, inside of me
in light of the things that were worrying.
And I found my answer really in the liturgy, the praise of God,
the prayers asking for help/deliverance/protection/peace/provision
and the words of the hope we have in Christ
and that the liturgy has been prayed for, really, for 2,000 years.


My local priest, who is also my father-confessor priest, 
understood that my Husband could not come to liturgy this morning
and so he wrote my first name on my prosphora and
that felt really special to me.
I felt seen, loved. 
It's a really nice feeling! :)



After I got home and had breakfast
(I went shopping and got a few things and took light rail home!)
I baked the fruit and nut bread! 







Tonight I made a round tart pan of scones! :)
I used the above recipe but did not work the dough at all,
I merely made sure it was well mixed and put it in the tart pan!
(It's one that I got at the VNA rummage sale and have always loved!)
The only changes to the above recipe is that I used coconut cream for the
heavy cream and a bit of almond milk to make it the full 1.4 cup. 
And I used only dried cherries, 3/4 cup full!


Here's my simple table for tea tomorrow, 
my friend Photini is coming over!
The scones are wrapped in the tea towel
(I have a box of tea towels that I only used for baking)
and the little bowl is for vegan chocolate that my friend is bringing! 
It's a simple tea and I am excited for it!
***
I am making a new-to-me pasta meal from Marion Cunningham's
lost recipe cookbook and hope it works out!
Oh, the cream scones recipe is from Cunningham's Breakfast Book.
She is by far one of my TOP favourite cookbook writers and 
who I feel like her recipes never fail me!
***
Granny Marigold, please know I was not upset about your asking about 
modeling my new hat/s.  It's really OK.  I just had to explain 
that I don't like having pictures of me on public internet.
It's not biggie and I really was not upset.
It's too bad I don't have my biggest doll 
(it's a handmade doll from my childhood) to show them to you.
But the doll (who I named Amy) is at my Mom's house. 
***
Today was a really nice day.
Nearly perfect which is quite good.
***
I am in the process of ordering some really special books and
am excited about that!
***
I am so behind on emails and such.
I hope to get to this next week.
I got to be in church Wed-(DV) Sunday this week
and that took up a lot of time.
***
God bless you all!
May you be kept safe in Christ's care and knowing that
being in God's hands is the safest, most loving, good, place to be!

3 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

It always seems specially symbolic and moving to me when wide beams of sunlight stream into the church. You caught several of those with your camera. I was so blessed by the sunshine today even in my garden...

Lisa said...

I like your idea of putting the scone dough into a tart pan! I may try something like that. :)

Martha said...

The scones with dried cherries look lovely and I'm sure are scrumptious!