Friday, March 26, 2021

A Restful Friday

 Hello dear friends! 
No picture today but a hello from me anyway!
We went to church this morning and DV I go again tomorrow AM 
and I am VERY grateful. 
***
I read THIS today and was so encouraged.
This is how to live today: through thanksgiving...
and prayers for thanksgiving...
***
I read THIS about a young altar boy nearly 100 years ago!
***
I listened to THIS recording of an earlier evening presanctified liturgy
from my Ottawa parish and it was so life-giving just to hear.
***
it's the lovely book by Elizabeth Goudge that I read,
the US title being The Blue Hills
***
I took a long walk today, it was very warm.  
***
I managed, by God's mercy, to get the dishes cleaned up and
the table is newly washed and I hope to bake
bread tomorrow and also vegan scones.
***
I am so so glad for the church I have been able to go to.
It's a real encouragement. 
***
I pray that you have had some comfort today!
And if you still need some, check out my links above,
they may just help!
***
I don't think I have the cranberry recipe online yet.
I will try to fix.
***
I won't be showing me with my new hats
(just floppy lovely beret style, cotton and VERY
soft and VERY floppy, just what I wanted). 
I just am not comfortable posting pictures of myself.
***
I am thankful that in real life I am, for the most part,
a brown-haired nondescript person. 
I like it that I don't turn heads or get noticed.
I like being hidden, in the background.
***
I looked nice on my wedding day.
That was so special.
***
But boy is it nice to, in general, not have
that much attention drawn to myself.
***
Well, I hope you are blessed 
and that God has continued mercy on all of us!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry I asked you to model the new hats. I should not have. It's just that it's nice to associate a face to the blog posts but not absolutely necessary.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Thanks so much for posting the link to Fr. Stephen's article. I had started reading it but got sidetracked, and you prompted me to finish :-) It reminds me of a lot of things.... but the things he said about thankfulness are so important and worth being reminded about AGAIN and AGAIN! Glory to God!