Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday: Sunshine on an early Spring Day!





I finally had a better night sleep.  But the impact of a week's worth of 
insomnia + a busy Sunday have left me dragging today.
I am working on a new project.
I thought of posting a book review, but decided to put it off.
Oh! Before I forget, and because I have not written S back yet:
The Blue Hills by Elizabeth Goudge seems to be 
called, in the UK edition, Henrietta's House. 
I saw this dear picture of it online:


 And I told my Husband about it and how dear it looked.
He did not like the idea of my getting a second copy however,
as our book space is precious and dear.  That's fine, at least 
for this year, as I have other books I am working on acquiring! 
 ***
Today we had take-out leftovers, so nice!
Last night I slept the best I have since a week ago Sunday!
***
I am possibly doing a different bigger writing project.
It will take a good while but it is absorbing.
I won't know what I really think for at least a few weeks
and then a more after that I think.
***
I walked 6K steps yesterday but today more like 3K.
***
I have put an order in for some cotton beret hats!
(I get them from Etsy.)
***
My Husband laughed at me when I realized I was
forgetting to do some lenten readings 
and told him that 
'I forgot that I forgot' 
He's now teasing me about being meta and that tomorrow I could say
that I forgot that I forgot that I forgot. 
:)
***
We recently got a stock up of cleaning supplies...


We did not pick up any of the Lysol wipes but a year ago,
you could not find them any where!
(We always had a stash of them and restocked over the summer).
***
I did however get more dish washer (machine) detergent
 and dish soap for hand washing dishes!
I really hope that we are seeing the beginning of the end of the
pandemic but it's hard to say, with Europe having a lot of 
difficulties right now from all I can gather.


This is the Chinese restaurant that we love going to near church.
They do social distancing very well!


I love their mango avocado rolls! 


I've been eating this meal lots, takeout yesterday from
another fast-friendly restaurant nearby to church!
***
This is going to be a really social week for us,
espeically with the pandemic on-going so I am looking 
forward to a bit more church and seeing a couple of people.
***
May God have mercy on us!
So many to pray for!
So many need a miracle or God's comfort or His healing hand!
May God have mercy on us and save us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to see stores having cleaning products as well as the other items that were for a while in short supply now on the shelves again. One hopes the end of this pandemic is coming but listening to the news makes me wonder. I think I should quit listening to the news.

Becki said...

I have found it interesting how sanitizing spray and wipes are so readily available now. And I smiled at the Chinese restaurant's "social distancing". There are two in Indy that we've gotten food at, and they are similarly set up. The one in our small town is pretty normal. I'm just so glad they're still in business. Chinese takeout is a favorite of mine. I look forward to someday hearing what your writing project is about. It must be exciting to have inspiration. :)

Pilgrim said...

I am so glad for the sunshine, too. I am working in my sketchbook again, after a month or so off. It’s good to have something close at hand to focus on, creatively.
I am thankful for books, and the ability to read them.

Lisa Richards said...

I love that Elizabeth Goudge cover! And I'm glad you're sleeping well! :) Enjoy that good takeout food and God bless you both!