Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday, the First Friday in Great Lent 2021






Today was a blessing.
I knew I would be tired today so I gave myself permission to rest.
I also finished the Blue Hills by Elizabeth Goudge and 
it was SO LOVELY.
A small novel length book between fiction and fairy-tale
with BEAUTY and SUNSHINE and GLADNESS
and Oh my goodness I loved it.
***
We had Presanctified Liturgy tonight.
It's really special, and the first one especially 
as we have the blessed Koliva (a boiled wheatberry with raisins)
afterwards with honey that was very good.
There's this really special sense of family that night at church,
a warm intimacy that is there, 
and it was just a real delight and really put sunshine inside of me.
***
So, my writing project feels like I have a toddler that is 
always wanting my attention.
Toddlers should be that way.
Writing Project: not sure.
I could use prayers for discernment about it.
I feel like it would be something worth continuing but
it's time to start a discernment process about it. 
Which is difficult in it's own way.
Prayers Welcome!
***
I had 2 walks today and got about 4K steps which is great.
I felt really blessed and more normal after a difficult week
in terms of insomnia.  The first week after the time change, 
plus I had some bad insomnia the night of the time change,
really threw me off. 
***
I got bananas at our upscale grocery store
and my friend Photini got them for me actually,
she's really generous like that.
Also a vegan fig bar she likes and a kale smoothie.
I really need to up my smoothie game,
which has been non-existent for sometime.
***
I talked to my Grandma today.
It was so nice.
She is always trying new recipes and if one does not work,
she does another without turning a hair.
She talked about Spring and the certainty that Spring is 
coming again comforts her as it reminds her that 
God is in control and it comforts me too
to think of it that way.
***
Ok, well, it's good to be back here writing.
***
I pray that each of you knows that God loves you
and that He is our Sustainer, our Protector... 
God bless you keep you and may He save us!

4 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Writing seems like a good thing to do in Lent. I would say that, of course, because I do it! haha... I think a lot of our clergy would say, "Anything is better than TV!" God bless you and give you wisdom, Elizabeth.

Paula said...

I love seeing the pictures from your churches.

Ella and I need to get walking. Ella's put on a bit of weight (combination of no swimming due to covid and being laid up with her ankle), I'm not worried about it but it really bothers Ella. I keep trying to tell her it's not much (it's not) and it will all melt away once she can start being active again. The snow is gone off the rail trail so we'll start walking there.

The time change has messed up Ella's sleep too. She's not had a good night since the change. Hopefully she'll get straightened out soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I think I would like to have a visit with your Grandma. She sounds like a delightful and positive person.
Happy first day of Spring!!

Martha said...

I'm glad you wrote about a toddler needing attention. Sometimes, I feel like I give mine too much, but no, it is just this short period of time. Writing? Not sure. You decide. I've been using spirulina powder in my homemade smoothies, it's good for so many things, including removing toxic metals and specifically arsenic (during Lent we eat more beans + rice, and I always rinse the rice, but still wonder about levels of arsenic). Do let us know what smoothies you try!