Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday: Rain, More Rain and Vespers at Night









Today was a good day.  Quiet.  I did not take a walk! I had fun doing some research.  I edited a book review (my goodness 3 paragraphs can need 10 edits at least, my writing and clarity need a lot of refinement to say what I wanted to say!).  

I baked my beloved vegan cranberry muffins! And the dishwasher is going.  And again I tamed the chaos that is the kitchen counter, island and table where we eat.  

My new hats come Saturday we hope! (Did I mention I bought some, 3 to be exact!?) 

So the virus numbers are slowly increasing in NJ.  I am not panicking.  I AM praying that our late Easter May 2nd can still have us all at church, even if outside.  

We shall see.  

I talked with my Mom.  That's always nice!  Heard about one of my older cousins needing to help elderly Aunt and Uncle.  There's always something that is worrisome.  We take it day by day.

Tomorrow I hope to go to liturgy and lunch outside afterwards.  

Vespers was beautiful.  It was raining a lot! My Husband took one look at the rain and headed back for an umbrella!  When vespers was over, and I was just in the car, but leaning over to grab my long black skirt that was still not in properly, and my phone was not properly put in my purse, fell out onto the ground in about 2 inches of running water (from the rain)! Thankfully I grabbed it quickly and dried it (on my skirt! which now needs washing!) and it's fine.  

I felt really happy to have my new writing project (and old ones two, my book reviews) as it gives me something meaningful to work on.  This is especially nice as we are still in moderate-lockdown though not so bad, given what it could be.   

May God help us, save us and have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I have thought about buying hats, too. I wonder how hard it is to carry them off, in this time when few women are wearing them. Good for you!

Gretchen Joanna said...

Those cranberry muffins look good! Are they on your Recipes page? Perhaps by another name?

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you were quick to pick your phone out of the puddle!!
Will you model your hats for us once they arrive?