Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Tuesday: Sunshine Streaming In







I woke and found myself in the living room on the couch,
having just had a nightmare and convinced that it was Wednesday. 
I remembered not sleeping well and going there about 2 AM.
 I got up quietly, thinking my Husband still asleep,
not knowing the day or time.
The next minute, my Husband quietly opened our 
library/chapel/guest room door, saw me,
and burst into life, 
calling me a sleepy head as he immediately went to where we do
our morning prayers before breakfast.
Clearly, he had been up for sometime.
I had been up only a few minutes and was inwardly rebelling at being
shoved into routine so quickly. 
However, prayers were done, I had already put the water on for tea,
and sometime between sitting down for breakfast and looking at my phone,
I realized it was Tuesday and I had gained a whole day,
magically, in mere seconds. 
I was thinking I would not get any writing 
or editing done today but now I am
thinking differently.
We will see what today holds.
***
I did want to mention that I looked up Miss Read's obituary,
she died just 10 days before her 99th birthday in 2012; 
My Oma was only a few years older that she was, dying in
2011 at just 20 days before turning 103 years old. 
The huge changes they saw in their lifetime is astounding
to think about.  Before I forget, I looked up the church
that had the memorial service for Miss Read
you can find information on it HERE and HERE and it's 
an old church, from the 12th century and small and beautiful. 
I have read most of these before, if not all, but you can find
some lovely pictures and interviews of her daughter, 
Jill Saint, who is now going into her 80th year, HERE.
If you have not read them and either
a) love Miss Read
b) love England
c) love local history (in England)
d) love old buildings and English countryside
e) love beauty
You would enjoy these interviews
***
I have spent a lot of the day editing and writing.
Lunch was made.  I went on a walk and plan on taking a second walk!
Today was over 60F and very warm! 
***
I did take my second walk and did 5K steps.
Feels good to accomplish it again. 
We had pizza for dinner.
Not a great crust but by NOT adding oil,
it was much more crispy and I added
hot pepper flakes on top of the cheese and
so it was more spicy and thus 2x better!
***
So I had thought our printer problem to be hopeless
and so I chatted Mr Husband about this small printer that
was reviewed, thinking that I would get one.
Instead, after work hours, my Husband looked at the printer again. 
Apparently, the printer problem was not hopeless
and now the WiFI on the printer is working again.
I can print! 
I wrote some book reviews recently, adding them to the pile
of things needing editing. 
I edited a lot today.  Typed it all in.
Found more things I had wrote. 
Printed it all.
I have a growing stack of things to review and edit again. 
One of my goals is to get some book reviews ready to be posted on my 
public IG account so I can have things to post for the next month or so,
maybe one a week or so.  Not sure but I know I don't want to post them all at once
and have nothing left to post. 
***
 I probably won't get back to write until Thursday,
as I hope to do some shopping tomorrow and have to be realistic
about what I can do in a day.
***
I hope you all had a moment or so of peace
and know that you are not alone, that God is with you.
God bless you! 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I've begun checking out the various links that you so kindly left and finding them SO interesting. St Mary's church is beautiful.
I've just started the interviews with Jill Saint and I'm thrilled to learn more about her mother. Already I had to chuckle when I read that she (Dora) loved all kinds of sweet desserts. That's me too.

Lisa said...

I'll have to come back for the interviews - thanks!