Saturday, March 06, 2021

In Love with the Beauty of It All


(I took this picture above 5 years ago it seems)


First picture I ever got with the Cross at my local church
being shown with the light blubs distinctly photographed.
I am quite pleased.
It's a bit blurry but the best I have gotten of this aspect! 





I wish I could describe the beautiful darkness of church at night
when it is dark out.
The candle lit for confession is so beautiful, 
it's a white thick candle, so warm, with light beneath the flame
in the candle, it's just deeply beautiful; I wish I could always remember it.
I am in love with the beauty of church,
it is so beautiful it nearly sears the heart. 


Finally got the Christmas runner taken down
and my Husband helped me with replacing the light bulb
in the base of the lamp.
He holds it up while I replace the light.


Ready for tomorrow's lunch after liturgy!



Finished this Miss Read book today,
that I began last night.
So much remembering in it,
it's like everything of the past many years
in the novel series history is remembered.
I feel it helped me actually process the passing of time in this life
and the changes that it brings.
I have no idea what our life will hold;
I know what I hope for and that is simple 
that we can live our lives in peace, go to church and 
die as Christians.
Not really a simple wish but as high as I would ever want.
I am thankful for this day
and for vespers and confession afterwards.
Lent is coming.
May God have mercy on us and save us!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

i sob every time i read this book, even though i know what's coming. miss clare has always been a model for me, just as she was for miss read. have you read 'miss clare remembers'? that tells you all about her early years and is another of my favourites.

Elizabethd said...

Miss Read is such a lovely writer. She touches the heart.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've read Changes at Fairacre. I must look for it. The Thrush Green books are okay but it's the Fairacre ones that warm my heart.

Lisa said...

We've been going through the fiction at the library, and weeding what's not gone our for three years or more. And several of Miss Read's Thrush Green books are in that group. But not any Fairacre ones - funny! Somebody liked those more than the Thrush Greens. But that's what made me start reading them - I just think it would be a mistake to toss them, so I'm reading them, so it would show they've been checked out. It's going to take me a while!