Saturday, May 30, 2020




















For a good part of today,
I had really 'hit a wall' as they say.
The many days of isolation, we can
count the outings we had had since mid-March
on one hand, and they have all been in the last weeks.
My Husband will probably work from home for the next many months.
The process of 're-entry' is much harder than I had anticipated. 
***
BUT.  I am going often on 2 walks a day.
I am trying to find beauty where ever I can.
I am so grateful for the people in our neighbourhood who
grow flowers.  That we have beauty to find.
***
I made Marion Cunningham's Rescue Biscuits again...
I follow the recipe but not the instructions to roll and shape
the biscuits but instead do the 'drop biscuits' way
and merely drop them onto the pan with parchment paper.
It's amazing that, while they bake into what looks like
one big connected pile of biscuits, they actually separate 
so easily.  And they are so light, much better than if they 
were worked more, pressed and shaped. 
***
I have bread with walnuts and craisins rising over night.
DV it will bake while we are watching liturgy online, 
and we will enjoy fresh baked bread for brunch after liturgy...
***
So, we keep trying in this long set of months...
***
May God have mercy on us, 
on our hurting world,
and save us. 

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Aren't those roses superb? I wonder if they have a scent, they look as though they should!

Mary said...

Elizabeth, I am Orthodox/Antiochian in W.V. and we are able to return to Liturgy in small groups, keeping protocols, i.e. distancing, masks. etc. What is your situation there? Do you know when you can go back?

Mary said...

Sorry about my address in my comment, it is Rose? Forgive me, I looked up at the comment above mine and saw "Elizabeth". Sorry.

elizabeth said...

ElizabethD they DO smell most wonderful!!!!

Mary, I am so glad you were able to return to liturgy! I am hoping that things open up more here so that we can do the same here! probably mid-June, I hope :) ~ Elizabeth :)