Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Tuesday: Steady...



Today I kept my balance, yesterday I was regaining it, inwardly.
As I wrote this morning elsewhere...
Breakfast for Mr Husband and myself. Yesterday I was recovering from a terrible night. I struggle with anxiety but 2 nights ago was really awful, got to sleep after 4 AM. Last night, thank God, was much better, with a peaceful sleep. I read Miss Read yesterday seeking to be very intentional about resting and filling my mind with peaceful calming words. I did go to bed a bit late because I finished the dishes and cleaned the counter. It was wonderful to wake up feeling calm and more myself. And to dishes cleaned, counter clean and homemade bread for breakfast with Mr Husband ❤ 🍞 🍒❣


We got groceries, I moved some things down to our garage freezer
including an extra pizza and some leftovers... 
It's funny, I keep wanting my red lentil soup... I think there was something
comforting about this soup all of Lent in the midst of this hard time,
knowing I had a quick go-to meal for myself... 
I may make it again this summer, we will see, when it's the Apostles' Fast after
Pentecost and the fast-free week that follows it... 


Re-reading Miss Read has really helped me regain my sense of calm...



It was SO wonderful to have pizza again!!! 
I ordered some baking trays for my toaster oven as we can see how much 
our AC can struggle when our oven is on, our toaster oven
gives off a lot LESS heat... 
the baking trays are made in the USA so I was really 
happy to find them online...


As I wrote earlier, elsewhere... 
I talked with my 3 year old niece again, read books to her, showed her things and she asked to see these Dutch shoes and watch me "walk" in them ❣


We are still keeping up our daily walks....
it was a gloriously cool day today... 


As written, mostly, elsewhere...
 it was exciting to have baked beans again via grocery delivery....
it was out of stock for weeks.....
And they just got the fancy vegan option back in stock 
and I ordered some to come next week. 
They taste like a summer picnic to me......😎🌻🌞☀️
***
Well, we keep doing the hard things. 
Isolation is not easy. What re-entry will feel like is unknown.
My Husband and I may go to a store (or 2) next week and are
trying to think of what we hope to find that we can't 
easily get via grocery delivery.
We've not been to a store (other than 2 tiny corner stores, one 
a vegan place, one a mini-mart basically) in nearly 2 months.
We've heard about what it is like
(and I remember the empty shelves when we last went)
but it was before masks were required...
and possible other things are different...
and to be honest, the idea of this feels a bit daunting,
as if we would be going on a safari to an unknown land! 
If we are able to go at all...
(there is a question of wait times and limits of people in a store 
that I am looking into...)
***
Well.  One thing at a time.
May God help us all.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Reading one of Miss Read's books is a wonderful way to calm down and relax. I may pull one off my shelf after I finish a Cat Who book I just started.