Thursday, May 14, 2020

Epic Grocery Run and other things of the week











After nearly 2 months to the day of being in isolation,
we finally went to a larger grocery store again!
Wore a mask, had a typed list.
I felt like I was walking through molasses, I was so tired and I think
the mask did not help that!
***
I wrote this about the experience yesterday:
"I never thought I would need to wear a mask in public! 
Or that things would be so strange or that flour would still be find hard to find or that grocery stores would stock up on hand sanitizer and masks to sell...
 Or that at the end of the day I would feel so tired and emotional
 about the fact that everything is so different… 
that said it was a good day and we were able to get pretty much almost everything on our list! 
I did feel that I was stocking up to prepare for a future siege in the future 
and that is a little difficult to comprehend 
but we must just continue to look to Christ in these times.
***
Lisa: you asked about the potatoes I made!
This the recipe I used.  But I added the parsley myself, works great.
***
Today was a good day.
I was able to take 2 walks every day this week, so far.
Our pantry is re-stocked and I am very relieved but at the same time,
it is not an easy time.
***
Tomorrow, DV, I am going to a store (home decor) that was local
and is sadly going out of business. 
50% off everything, shopping with mask by appointment.
(don't worry, I will be careful and will continue social distance...)
I already know some of the things I am getting, made affordable
by another person's dream shattering.
It is what it is and I feel like these things are going to remind me
of this time in my life, in our lives, the continued surprise
at this hard time and now the stories of what is being impacted are
just so many and keep coming.
***
this is going to be a busy weekend for me,
so if I don't write till next weekend, 
don't worry to much!
***
May God bless and help each of us! 

4 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Those big trees lush with green leaves -- so lovely!

I'm glad you could get stocked up at the grocery!

Lisa Richards said...

I find that I'm tired a lot. Too much sitting all last winter and then staying home so much. A long grocery shopping trip is a lot of time standing on a concrete floor! Glad you were able to restock! Yes, sad how this whole thing has impacted small businesses especially.

Granny Marigold said...

Slowly life will return to some semblance of normal. I'm glad you got most everything you had on your list.
Now I'm going to look at your potato recipe.

Paula said...

I'm so happy to have WM and No Frills doing online ordering. I'm not really missing walking up and down the aisles. Mom and I went to Renfrew to pick up a few things for her and I had to go into Giant Tiger and the Dollarama. Surprisingly quiet in town. Being the holiday weekend and other stores starting to open, I expected it would be busy.

Fabricland says they will be requiring face covering. I'm not looking forward to that. It makes me anxious.