Monday, May 18, 2020

Sunday, a beautiful eventful day





























 

It was so so good to see my friend P. again. 
What a HARD time we have all had. 
It was wonderful to talk.
The pain of this dread virus is so apparent in the stories I heard
of my friend; I think each of our stories shows the pain.
Even for myself, whose Husband still works from home,
we have all we need, it is still painful, the isolation,
the not being able to be with church family,
so so many things. 
***
I was so glad I was able to have the special tea with my friend;
my Husband watched Macbeth on his laptop with headphones;
while my friend and I had much needed 'girl time' talking about things.
***
It is so hard to be in this situation but we do the best we can
and we seek to see all that we are thankful for.
I told my friend is is good to do both:
be able to acknowledge what is hard and sad and to be 
thankful for what we do have, which is a lot.
***
So what I am thankful for... this tea,
having a pretty table, my new teapot set and pink candle sticks,
a pretty dinner table, my Grandma's dishes;
the pasta and chicken and salad we enjoyed;
the very delicious dessert of strawberry ice cream, raspberries, cookies,
chocolate raspberry sauce! 
***
It really was a really wonderful visit.
***
May God help us all.
I know this is such a hard time for so many
for so many reasons... each of us has a story...
Lord have mercy on us and save us!  

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

So good to have human contact again!

Becki said...

I look forward to the day when we can come and go to friends and them to our home... Your table looks beautiful, the food delicious, and I am imagining you swinging from the candelier taking some of those shots. lol P.S. I LOVE those blue napkins! I think I still have some about that color. You inspire me to go look!

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth! Your table settings were oh, so beautiful! You honored your friend's presence. My mouth was watering at all the wonderful food you had prepared. I am so glad for your opportunity to spend some time with a friend. I drove over to a friend's for a cup of tea on her front porch last week and what a blessing it was after so many weeks of separation. God bless us each and everyone as he holds us and sustains us during these hard times.

Becki said...

Hi again, Elizabeth! For some reason I scrolled through the pictures in this post again, and when I saw the pictures of those pink candle holders I remembered that they looked familiar the first time. Then suddenly I remembered that I have a green one that is identical to your pink ones! I just wanted to let you know. :)