Friday, May 01, 2020

Friday: we made it through to May 1st 2020








Friday, we made it!
So, Perry Mason free month trial is over. 
Now I am watching Columbo.
I think I am seeing why these shows are so helpful/enjoyable 
to me right now; I get to be somewhere else, a different decade, a fictional story,
a world that will have a problem that by the end is solved. 
***
I am so glad it is still the Easter season.
Singing "Christ is Risen" is a real blessing.
***
So: I had some grocery delivery shopping success.
I've been tired and needing some cooking/baking help.
I have been looking for certain things on and off online
and just hit the jackpot, as it were, tonight.
Baked beans (for me, my Husband does not care for them) and
not-made-by-me frozen cheese pizza! 
oh man! I've been so wanting pizza/things that are easy to make.
I am just needing a bit of a break.  
I've been meal planning for 7 weeks now and we have another month
to go before things, we hope, start opening back up in NJ.
***
I froze 3 jars of the spaghetti meat and plan on making a 
cheese/noodle/pasta meat casserole (you layer the things and bake)
for the weekend and am going to have that once/day 
and work on something more on Monday 
(or have something simple...)
***
I am slowly making my way through the Thrush Green series again
and really like the writing about how the rector and his wife
were so happy in part because they forgot themselves by
caring for others (though not so much that they 
neglected themselves to point of no return, if that makes sense, 
as in they still had rest/food etc.  But a lot to think about there.
***
I am so glad for our blessings; I have a friend who is worried for her
job security as her place of work is struggling.
Such a hard time for so many, in all different ways!
***
I pray that this weekend brings some rest and something
encouraging for each of us.
May God have mercy on us and save us! 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm reading a Gladys Taber book right now but I think after this I'll read some of the Thrush Green books again.
I'm glad you found the foodstuff you wanted/needed. One of these days things will go back to normal. ( I had to go check whether foodstuff was a real word, which it is. Sometimes words come to me that I'm not sure of. Maybe from reading British books?)

Diana said...

I so love your rose-colored tea pot and the canisters on your counter! Not sure if they're really considered rose, but they sure are pretty! Those Trader Joe's burgers look intriguing. I buy MorningStar Farms products at the grocery store, we like the original veggie grillers best. Next we like Gardein's "meatless meatballs" yum yum! -- Our virus cases in the state and in our county keep rising, and yet they are going to start opening things back up. I just feel like it's too soon, but, well.... -- Keeping you and Mr. Husband in prayer to stay well!! Blessings to you dear Elizabeth!!

Lisa said...

Isn't it wonderful that it's May!