Friday, May 22, 2020

Spinning


So many layers in this strange time.
My Grandma's 90th birthday is coming up;
I was planning for months to fly home for this special birthday.
Many are in limbo.
I have seen people moving.
My friend said she saw so many moving trucks...
I made a chocolate cake, DV I will frost it tomorrow.
I ordered another mask.
I seemed to have lost one of mine (fabric washable ones).
Last time I saw it was in the laundry room; 
is it a case of the missing sock but now a missing mask?
Well.  I must continue to be thankful.
And careful.
May God have mercy on us. 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's sad that you may not be able to get to your Grandma's birthday celebration.
Your chocolate cake looks good. I baked scones today and thought about making cupcakes ( from a mix) but then my daughter and grown grandson came for a visit...
( outside. 6" apart we sat. That was more important.
Have a blessed Sunday.

Lisa Richards said...

My step dad just turned 90 in April. I had hoped to visit him this summer, but now I have some eye tests and maybe cataract surgery coming up. And who knows how crazy it will be to get on a flight after this delay. I imagine many will be making up for lost time as far as business flights are concerned. Anyway, maybe we can figure out how to have some Zoom visits. :) The cake looks delicious! (That's the kind I make. Years since I made one from scratch. The box cakes are better than my scratch ones, lol.) God bless!