Friday, May 29, 2020

A Quiet Friday of Thankfulness









Well, I think another thanksgiving list can be in order.
 I was walking near a park the other day and remember how 3 years ago 
I had taken picture of the pink petals on the sidewalk 
and feeling the shock of having broken my foot just days later. 
That whole summer, as you may remember, I was laid up. 
That was hard. So when I walk there again, 
and realize *I am walking* I am really thankful. 
Today the humidity is on the oppressive side but I walked anyway. 
I am thankful that I can walk and try to get exercise. 
I am thankful for tea, for flour to bake biscuits with and baking soda; 
I am thankful for summer fruit and how refreshing it is.
I am thankful for sorbet, lemonade 
and all the foods of summer that help us in the heat. 
I am thankful for my Grandma's dishes and how using them cheers me up. 
I am thankful for friends who keep in touch and for family. 
I am thankful that I can have a rest between labours 
and for the pleasure of newly folded clean dried towels. 
I am thankful for a husband who is fine with having 
a baked potato, salad and nuts for dinner 
while I have salad and raisin bread with peanut butter 
 .... I am thankful that today was quiet for us. 
I know if I look at things properly, I can never run out of things to be thankful for. 

No comments: