Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Leave-taking of Pascha and Eve of the Feast of Christ's Ascension


Today is the end of the 40 days of Pascha.
Such an unusual Pascha, 
we end it with hope but also a sense of heartbreak.
We pray for better
and for protection of us all.
***
I put away my Pascha decorations while listening online
to the service of vespers for Ascension...
it was easier to put these treasured icons and decorations
away while listening to such hopeful joyful prayers.
***
We must remember that when Christ ascended to Heaven,
the disciples did not feel at all abandoned but instead felt joy,
as the Gospel tells us and they waited 
for the Holy Spirit to come, 
just like Christ instructed them too.
***
Now we look for Christ's Ascension, pray for the faith and hope
that the first ones felt, when they had such joy.
And we wait for the Holy Spirit and pray that Christ will
not leave us.
In the end, we can only say
Come, Lord Jesus Come. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I put away my painted eggs the other day, probably later than I should have - I forgot about them! It was very smart of you to have the service in the background while you worked. We need all this help!