Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday: a surprising number of blessings





 














 




As I wrote else where....

Time for a Thank God thanksgiving list!

 1. I finally used the rest of my birthday money (so 4.5 months later) for some Harney and Son's Decaf Paris tea, which is one of my most favourite teas!  [Thanks to my Mom!!!]

2. I made roasted baby potatoes with Italian parsley today.

 3. I made lamb chunk and onion kabobs in the toaster oven. Worked great. I liked them better the second day and third day better than the first time. Somethings just get better with time! 

4. I did something I have not done in months! I have VERY slowly been working on a few essays and actually got out the folder that they are in and edited one (each essay needs many edits which is no surprise if one knows me!). I would say all of March was spent in a state of a lot of activity and higher stress (no grocery delivery slots/getting a slot only in the middle of the night). Slowly things got a bit easier and once I got a delivery slot for groceries my stress from that particular issue lessened. But today was the first day that I actually had any ability to do such thinking and the essay I was editing has had many edits, so it was not as hard as earlier edits would have been. But still, for me, that was a huge accomplishment.

5. I had TWO walks today. the first walk I did by myself (I think my beloved did not mind having a bit of time in the house to himself) and I meandered in a small newly-opened again park and just took in all the GREEN. Newly cut grass, trees, a flowering bush. I went real slow and just enjoyed it and took pictures. 

6. I get groceries delivered tomorrow and a pizza is included 

7. I ordered some summer (beret style) hats via etsy for a good price! I am so thankful. 




5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay for new hats! Yay for a walk filled with appreciation! Yay for tea! Yay for pizza! Yay for YOU!

Elizabethd said...

So much beautiful green around you. Your walks must have been lovely.

Becki said...

Sounds like a great day, Elizabeth. :) This pictures from your walk look really refreshing - I just love how things look after a rain.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Refreshing green views! So happy you could go walking. <3

Lisa said...

Oh, the potato dish looks so appealing! Potatoes and parsley? Anything else in it?