Thursday, May 28, 2020

Christ is Ascended! Ascended in Glory!












Oh for the day when this dread virus is over! 
But for now, following rules, social distancing, church at home.
It seems that things are getting better in NJ and that things will
continue to slowly open up....
I did my best to make it a special day, as it is the Feast of Christ's Ascension,
 and it did feel like a holiday,
even though we were home.
Liturgy in the morning.
Brunch for lunch.
I got out my Grandma's dishes to make it extra special.
And I had gotten a chicken, already cut up, 
on sale and I baked that for dinner!
Simple flour/salt/pepper/paprika (I should have used more salt and pepper I think)
in a bag with chicken pieces in one at a time to 'shake' to cover with the instant breading.
At home 'shake and bake' as it were :) 
And I made biscuits!
***
We went on a long walk as well today,
boy was it humid! 
But we are both trying to get more exercise,
especially as it seems that the summer pools are not open
and maybe will not be all summer; we have not heard otherwise 
in any case.... 
***
I did watch some 'murder she wrote' which is a nice diversion at times.
I find such things help me when I feel anxious. 
Well, in the midst of all the hard,
still a lot to be thankful for.
And as it is just the two of us,
we will have enough chicken to least us through at least Sunday
(since Friday is not a fast-free Friday etc). 
So that is nice also.  
***
Much to thank the Lord for.
May God bless and save us
and help us in our struggles and worries! 
Lord have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Mary said...

And I have been heavily leaning on Mr. Perry Mason for my own distraction. God Bless !!!