Saturday, May 02, 2020

Saturday Sweetness



















I woke up early and the house was quiet
and beautiful...
I did dishes, cleaned up the coffee table,
had hot tea and a slice of delicious banana bread (with chocolate chips!)
and...took a nap LOL ... :) 
7 AM is simply not my normal Saturday routine :) 
Had a second breakfast, Dutch rusks with strawberries and Dutch chocolate,
with Mr Husband... we had chicken burgers and a salad for lunch...
We went on a walk later in the day,
I rested a bit in the afternoon and made a simple pasta dish
for dinner...I had thought of making it an official casserole by
baking it after layering it but it was all hot, the house was 
feeling warm (we turned the AC on for the first time) and so I just 
put the hot cooked noodles down, the hot just cooked/reheated sauce
(I sauteed a chopped onion and then mushrooms to make the sauce
go farther; it worked; the sauce was pretty much doubled) with
2 layers of noodle/sauce/cheese... it worked! 
And it was really flavourful; I was worried that the amount of noodles would
overpower the sauce but it was actually quite tasty and nice with the cheese! 
I did a lot of dishes tonight, as well as laundry and then made up the dough 
for the bread I hope to bake tomorrow morning for breakfast...
***
I felt like it was a pretty good day for me,
considering the challenges of this time.
***
I pray that God will have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I have no doubt that the Walnut and Raisin bread was a delicious start of your day.

Gloria said...

I think it's these quiet ordinary things, home made food and fresh baked bread, quiet walks and naps, that are helping us through these challenging days. Bless you.

Gretchen Joanna said...

You have reminded me of how excellent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread can be... yum. I need to make some of that this week!