Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday Progress




















About that beef pasta recipe:
good but I think if I did my fia sauce with 
added meat, spices (including garlic) and onion as it 
instructs, it would be better than the can of 
tomatoes along with tomato paste. 
However, the way it is is very handy for may types of dishes.
My thoughts above are for more when you want to use it to make
a pasta with fia sauce, which is the best sauce I've ever found. 
(it's without meat which makes it so versatile!) 
***
I talked with my niece R. today who is 3
via video chat on our phones.
she loves to see my things, as she says,
meaning small things I have in various places,
plus just things in the house, like dishes. 
She seems to love all things domestic and has a
really good memory.  
She loves to see my very tiny wooden caddy for doll-house
size cutlery that is about the size (the cutlery) of my finger nail! 
Every time we talk she wants me to dump it out,
and then watch me put each piece back in, 
piece by piece. 
If I show her any food (a chip, nuts, watermelon) she wants to 
have me eat it so she can see
(and then she asks her Mom, my sister, for the same at her house LOL!)
She's really sweet and at an age where you are learning so much
and still so innocent.... it's a sweet fleeting tender age...
I treasure these times.
***
So the pasta sauce, a lot of it I plan on freezing for
easy meals for later.
Crazy as it sounds, I am missing my red lentil soup. :) 
***
I had one of my Mom's chocolate revel bars today.
Oh they are so good! 
***
I would love to make her bran muffins, but don't have 
the ingredients... 
someday, DV...!
***
Each day, the end, I feel quite tired;
even though my life is fine, stable, if not a bit on the 
very predictable side, i.e. daily walk and being home the rest of the time, 
I think this prolonged isolation must be quite fatiguing. 
***
God be with you all...

5 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

I'm tired a lot, too. Though not as isolated as you seem to be. Which seems funny since I'm out in the country. But since I have family next door it helps a lot. And I'm kind of a hermit anyway. I'm dealing with a recurrence of acid reflux, which means a drastic change in my diet, which is also hard to deal with. I hate to have to think about every thing I eat! I've given away lots of forbidden foods to my daughter next door. I should just stay on this diet forever, even if the reflux improves. It's not really bad right now, but I need to get my eating habits under control. I'll just enjoy eating vicariously, like your niece! :) God bless you and yours!

Pom Pom said...

Yes, I think fatigue is a given in these odd times. That is so adorable that your niece likes to see the things you show her and that she is so interested. Kindred spirit to me! I love it!

Becki said...

The fatigue is mental and emotional as well as physical. I don't know when I last woke up feeling truly rested. A lot of rainy days here, too. That adds to it, I'm sure. On the other hand, the sunny days are amazingly clear - almost breathtaking. I'm curious to see if the crystal clear skies are still here when we exprience our hot and humid (usually hazy) summer. Even though things are expected to "open up" in the coming weeks, we'll be remaining a bit locked-down, I suspect, as we wait and anticipate surgery for DH. Hoping to get the word soon on that. Meanwhile, I stitch and stitch and stitch. And cook. And eat.

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, It is all a bit overwhelming and fatiguing at times isn't it? Our governor has just extended our stay in place for another month which feels a bit discouraging. At least we live in a semi rural area and can take a drive or go for a walk. Our oldest granddaughter is three and we are really missing not being able to spend time with her. Thank heavens for face time! I made a big pot of Spaghetti sauce this week and will freeze some of it for later. I am eating too much and gaining weight. However, my flowerbeds are starting to look pretty good! Blessings!

Granny Marigold said...

Your little niece sounds like such a sweetheart. It's great that you can video chat with her ( and others too). It must make the isolation a bit easier. I'm looking forward to an easing of all the restrictions. As the weather improves we can have more outside gatherings ( leaving lots of room between lawn chairs).
Stay well ( and get lots of rest).