Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tuesday: Doing the Hard Things


Our 9 to 12 grocery delivery was here at 8 AM. πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰








 The key to reheating chicken soup with rice is to know that it will be too thick when in the fridge for a day. Adding a cup of chicken broth makes this soup fresh and new again! And we toasted the biscuits and had delicious hot soup and hot biscuits for lunch! My second trick is to be careful not to over bake the biscuits so that toasting perfects the leftovers!πŸ₯£πŸ“❣







I made my Mom's favourite banana bread recipe,
other than that I did not have walnuts.
***
I keep thinking of a phrase I have been seeing around: "I can do hard things" ... we really are in a difficult (though it could be WAY worse, my Mother reminded me: we are not at war/hiding for our lives etc) but it is hard. The isolation. Realizing that we have, at least here where I live, another month to go before things open up, that was hard. I don't know when it will be safe to go back to NYC and I do miss it. My Husband and I discussed that being in NYC is one thing but *getting* there by public transit is another thing entirely. I miss my NYC library, and Trader Joes. I miss being in church, seeing friends there who remind me that I have friends, if that makes sense. I miss going somewhere without fear. We have not been to any stores (other than corner store) since March 15 and that seems like a very long time ago. 7 weeks and other than being out Sunday March 15, my Husband's last day in NYC was March 9th and I was last in NYC February 25th. All I can continue to do is realize that this is so tough for everyone and that many have it much harder than myself, with my Husband being able to work from home. But I know that it is good to realize that others have it way worse but I also know that it is OK to realize that it is hard also for myself. But we must keep going. We must, as my Grandma reminded me, seek to stay close to God, to pray, to be thankful. 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It is hard to live restricted lives, missing so much. I tell myself it won't be for much longer but who really knows. As usual your home looks lovely and comfortable.
Your banana loaf looks so good. I must do some baking soon.

Pom Pom said...

Yes, it's tricky that way. God is so good and that is why you are chugging along doing fine. He keeps us.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm sure your husband is glad these days, that you like cooking for him!