Thursday, April 09, 2020

A Day of Miracles












This is really a day of miracles in my personal life.
First, my sister-friend's complicating circumstances got better
AND she had a baby girl at home, all is well!!!!!! 
I can't tell you how HAPPY I was to hear this.
Like I was jumping up and down while telling Mr Husband... :) 
***
Then there was another miracle, in my little NJ life (little esp 
since we are not going anywhere!)
It went in stages...
I wrote earlier this morning:

"Well, I expected this to happen eventually. I was not able to get a grocery delivery slot for next week. BUT I have a delivery coming today and I got all the Easter foods stuff in that delivery (other than 1 bag of egg noodles so that's not bad). I am blessed that we have a vegan vegetable place in walking distance that said they also would deliver and we have a newly opened corner store that has staples (other than fresh veg) so it could be a LOT worse. And I have been stocking up on what I could in advance of what I thought would eventually happen (not being able to get a delivery slot) so I am SO SO thankful. And we have a upright freezer with frozen treasures (meat, broth, some frozen vegetables and *ice cream*) in our garage and a well stocked pantry. I have not one thing to complain about!!!  What are you thankful for in the midst of this difficult time?"

Then I wrote, later, this:

"Great news for us, a friend is going to help us get groceries. My Husband, wise and preparing for possibilities, has us charging our phones + phone (external battery) chargers because of possible storms with high winds. And today I had more chai tea delivered. And scotch tape (was running low). Still waiting for our groceries to come for today. "
And then I wrote, even later, this!:

"Well. I feel in my life a miracle has happened. So it went like this....I got my groceries delivered (YAY!) but the beef I had ordered for the Easter 40 days feasting (etc) was missing!  I called my grocery service and they called me back. The refunded me the cost immediately but could not re-deliver it because of how busy they are. But she was very nice and told me the best thing I can do is try to get a reserved delivery time that is *Weekly* as in you get a delivery at that specific time every week. I told her I had been trying (staying up past Midnight etc) but to no avail. And she told me that I needed to keep refreshing my browser as they can open up through out the day. And, MIRACLE of MIRACLES Sunday evening slot opened and I GRABBED it before you could say 'jack rabbit' and WOW. I have to order by Friday 7 PM and I can have the delivery on Sunday night. And next Sunday night, etc. This was after a friend told me that she had been able to get a delivery slot and I could get things needed on hers and pay her back. But to have one's own delivery reservation. Gold. Pure Gold. I am so grateful. I plan on reordering that meat!!! Praising God!!!"
***
I can't tell you how much this means to me!
I really thought I would have to stay up past midnight again tonight,
trying to get a slot.
Or not and know that I would have to stay up another time.
Or totally re-jig things and well I am just tuckered out
and so so glad that now I don't have to worry about this. 
The last month I had gotten delivery by being up at 2, then 1 something
then 12:30 AM... so now I hope to get some better sleep! 
***
Well, take care everyone, stay safe and I hope you can
all find safe ways to get groceries, etc...
God bless!
And blessed Holy Weekend to all 
who celebrate Easter this weekend!
May Christ carry us to His holy Pascha! 

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I'm glad you finally got a delivery slot, it is just as difficult here too.

Granny Marigold said...

So good to hear that you got your grocery-delivery slot now f weekly. That takes a big load off you I'm sure.
We had a quiet day here with lovely sunshine.

pleximama said...

What a wonderful blessing to have everything fall into place for your grocery delivery! Good Strength to you during this holiest of weeks.