Friday, April 03, 2020

Of course...













Of course my Husband would be having a second wind when
I wanted to set the table to celebrate his birthday
(we are choosing to celebrate tomorrow since Saturday is easiest)
and I can't set the table with special dishes to surprise him.
Well, we will see what happens!
I did get my baking done.
Scones - delicious and some for tomorrow!
Cake - done and waiting for tomorrow...
Bread - hope it works, did a 50/50 bread flour / all purpose flour
ratio this time...it is rising now and I will bake it DV tomorrow morning...
ha! real-time blogging, he went to sleep. But it's 15 minutes to midnight so I am
going to go soon too.
Things that went right today:
I found raisins, soft flour tortillas and tortilla chips for delivery next week.
I found pecans to be delivered later.
Yesterday I managed to order 10lbs of flour.
Today I ordered more yeast.
My Husband found more TP and ordered it
(out last batch was 'missing' on the truck).
Talked to my sister on the phone and my Mom later.
Yesterday I briefly talked to my Dad before talking to my Mom and 
hearing his voice was plain wonderful.
Things that were hard today: anxiety this afternoon. Oops.
Things I am glad for:  prayers streamed at night, making
the cake frosting and or the liturgical year.
***
I wish each of you a blessed evening and God's mercy and protection!

6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Patricia & Fouad said...

Hello dear Elizabeth. I hope your dear husband has a wonderful birthday. All the baked goods you made look delicious! 🎂😘🙏☦️

GretchenJoanna said...

"Ooops!" haha -- Anxiety is something that sometimes falls on us as bodily ailment, I think, and we have to just "get up" and get on with baking cakes or whatever! Godspeed, and a very Happy Birthday to your husband: Many Years!

I know you are having a blessed day. Through the prayers of the Theotokos, Lord have mercy on us!

Granny Marigold said...

Good that you were able to get almost all the things you ordered.
Happy birthday to your husband. I'm sure his birthday meal will be delicious.

Lisa Richards said...

Glad you got some good basic things you needed and that you had a good talk with your folks! Sounds like you're staying occupied! :)

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! Mom's birthday is on the 27th. I think this will be the first birthday that I've never spent with her. Even when I was in London for school she'd come for a visit.