Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wednesday: a freezer is defrosted



Whew.
Mr Husband and I tackled the freezer together.
We emptied it, putting things in coolers
and freezer bags and under blankets and towels to 
keep it cold while the freezer was unplugged
and defrosted.  Mr Husband brought the boiling water in pans
down and did that part of the work
while I did things up in our home.
We put it all back together, my Husband taking 
notes of everything, as to what it was and where we put it.
Later he made a spreadsheet (google docs!) of everything.
Between that and that we used our long table that was upstairs in our 
flat and we had to carry it two flights down (or 3 depending on what you view
as one flight of stairs!) and into the garage and then back up again.
I was quite exhausted the rest of the day,
the poor night's sleep the night before not helping with that.
Tomorrow I hope to get the house back in a better more tidy order.
I have a lot of chicken broth, wonderful jars of pasta sauce,
fruits, vegetables, meat and treats.
Years of work really.
And a LOT of work today to get it back in a workable order.
I am thankful....

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been a big job and now everything looks neat and organized. I think we're all taking advantage of this time of isolation to get some chores done that we don't exactly look forward to.

Gretchen Joanna said...

I am so glad that my current freezer is frost-free. I used to spend a whole day working on the task of defrosting it, which always included re-organizing, and finding lost things stuck together with frost, etc. I didn't do it often enough!

How often do you defrost, ideally or really?

elizabeth said...

Granny Marigold, thank you!!! Agreed!

Gretchen-Joanna: really every 2 or 3 years (?)... our freezer is pretty good overall but it's in the garage and in summer the hot air can get to it quickly because it is not indoors!