Thursday, April 02, 2020

O Lord of Heaven and Earth, We Cry Out to You...





















Whew.
Thursday. 
Today was a bit hard for me; the night before I was up till about 
1 AM; I managed to get a delivery slot again for next week.
I feel beyond blessed.
I was struggling a lot with anxiety today,
as if I was going to run out of food.
(Um, if you know me, my pantry and how my Husband and I live
normally speaking, you would know that this is not a concern
at present).  
But still it was a hard day for it.
I was texting with a friend and realized that my food anxiety
is probably just how my worry is being funneled, 
as in it's emerging this way but is probably based in just
the grief and anxiety of a world in a type of peril that I 
can't really do enough to deal with.
I am worried not only for food for me, but for my friends, my family.
Really it's me wanting everyone I love to be safe, OK to not get sick.
I think it is the same with many,
thinking if I just buy the right things or enough I will be OK
....food is just so elemental to our survival that people stockpile
because they fear not only running out but of sickness and death.
One thing I will NOT do is guilt myself for what I am anxious about.
Nope.  I WILL tell God about it, confess it again and again, ask for God's help with it.
But I won't pummel myself into despair because of my struggle.
God came for sinners, God came to help me, help you, help all who realize 
that they need help!! 
***
So...I called my Mom today, which I pretty much do almost every day in 
my normal life, but what was hard to find out is that one of the women, 
who my Mom worked with years ago, 
who was part of a close knit group of friends who worked together, 
 Please remember everyone in prayer and please,
 everyone, be extra careful right now 🙏🕯💗
***
I can tell you I felt pretty upset learning about this.
I remember my Mom talking about her...
***
Well, I made the scones!
I did not bake a cake today.
About the scones....
I used this recipe:


from The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham
Recipe + changes:
 1/8 cup sugar. 
Almost a cup coconut cream. 
A spoon full of coconut oil carefully melted in microwave for the melted butter.
I used diced dried apricots, some dried cherries and raisins.
See here for a bit more info on use of the melted oil for butter... 
With jam, these scones were pretty much vegan perfection!
***
May God preserve and protect us all! 

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Your scones sound delicious! A little similar to my fruit scones, but mine dont have cream. Maybe next time!

Granny Marigold said...

I love that you talk often with your mom. I'm sorry her friend has died though.

Your scones look great. I have the same fluted dish and next time I'll make mine in it too.
Good for you not putting any guilt trip on yourself for feeling anxious. The last thing one needs is to feel badly about feeling anxious.
Keep well and safe.

Lisa said...

Your scones look really good. :)