Sunday, April 19, 2020

Pascha at Home 2020 ~ Christ's Glorious Resurrection!






















































Pascha from start to finish!
We watched my church in Ottawa who started a bit earlier than
many, we were glad to have an early start as we were in bed by 1:30 instead of 3 AM.
Pascha was beautiful but it was hard, being home, feeling
one minute that one is missing Pascha all together, but then
hearing the songs and Christ is Risen and all the melodies you know so well
and slowly, Pascha comes to you, even at home,
even without any church family or any of the many wonderful things of Holy Week
and Pascha that we have in our lives.
***
I have friends worrying about their job security, others
with heavy new burdens; others being blessed with unexpected support as they
adjust to a new baby in the midst of a pandemic, without parents of
the parents there to help....
***
I think one of the hard things about this whole virus pandemic thing is how
endless it feels.  Like a Lent that does not end.
I felt so much the reality of Pascha by this morning,
having cheeses (!!) and sweet cheese Pascha on Kulich and 
listening to Pascha music and have the special tea that I only take out 
on the biggest feasts.... it was strange to walk on our daily walk,
that we do basically the same walk every time, and see people wearing masks.
***
We had a zoom meeting with church family,
watched Agape vespers, then had a nice "bluejean" meeting
with my Husband's family for his Mother's birthday party that was 
virtual because of the virus; it was really nice though. 
***
Mr Husband helped me make dinner and while we did that we listened to
the first part of Pascha from Holy Transfiguration Monastery
and then we sat down to watch the beginning that I love so much,
Come Receive the Light... and the procession and the Gospel read at the door
and opening the door to the church and it's PASCHA.... 
I hope to watch more of this tomorrow again, God willing...
***
I am really thankful for all of the beauty.
May God preserve us and save us
and may we get past this pandemic and be 
free to go where we wish and to freely worship
in our churches!
Lord have mercy on us!!!
***
To all I greet you with this feast:
Christ is Risen! Happy blessed Pascha!

3 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

It's wonderful that we can still celebrate the resurrection in our homes and our hearts no matter where we are! :) Thanks for the lovely pictures. We've had a couple of family Zoom meetings, too. It's a new experience for me, but a wonderful use of technology. Yes, many are having a hard time in all of this. I, for one, have more food than I need and am getting fatter. Better walk more! The Lord is good!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so happy for you that you could feel like you had Easter even if you couldn't actually attend services. Lots of lovely pictures. You made your home very festive.

Lisa said...

Nothing, nothing is more glorious than the Resurrection! Enjoy your week, and Happy Pascha, Elizabeth. :) That photo of the crackers and soft cheese looks so good to me - I had too much sweet stuff last week. :)