Sunday, February 07, 2021

Sunday: A Snowy Wonderland








It was beautiful today.
We were able to go to church.
Such a huge blessing.
***
I loved seeing the trees heavy with 
light fluffy snow,
the white of the ground,
the footprints making paths,
the jeweled trees, plants, houses,
all white and beautiful.
***
Some things about today were discouraging. 
Actually I felt really bummed, like I was 
suddenly living in dust.
When your heart feels like lead, heavy.
It happens.
Tomorrow can be better.
Tomorrow WILL be better, God is there and God is here
and I have at least learned that discouragement,
in a lot of ways, is a feeling and feelings come and go.
***
I am thankful that at least the dishes are done,
the counter is clean.
***
I am working on my book review for Sean's book.
I am slowly chipping away at various writing things.
I have been writing essays for a few years; not sure how many;
and they all need a lot of work; 
one is nearly ready to share with a friend or two.
That's, at least now, the project I am working on in my spare time.
But I know for my writing, I also need to keep reading,
so I feel like my spare time right now is between those two things.
***
I feel like our lives are built on stories; 
I realized a few years ago, I guess, how much my parent's lives are
comprised of stories; how my Dad watches others for years
and tells us stories of many he knew and cared about
and they come alive in his stories... 
My Mom is always reading...
I miss them, I just want to go back home and hear my Dad's stories,
taste his pancakes with blueberries and talk to my Mom.
Actually I missed calling my Mom today; 
it happens. 
***
I am reading Strange Meeting by Susan Hill.
So far I like it.  I am not sure where it is going yet but I like it.
***
I need to read something Orthodox; I need to raid my library 
and see what is next for me to read; I had been reading a book
but in ways feel that it is the wrong time for me to read it; or 
what it is suggesting is so far beyond my ken that
I just need to find something different. 
***
I am going to roast a chicken tomorrow or cook it somehow some way.
I want it to be fast, simple and easy.  And delicious.  DV will report back!
***
Gretchen-Joanna: I get my candles from St Tikhon's Monastery in PA.
If you need the link or any more info do email me, you know my address! :) 
I can say that they are wonderful candles. 
Liquid sunshine or sunshine trapped in golden beeswax candles.
Eventually they age and are not as immediately fragrant but when they are new,
they really are like liquid sunshine and the most beautiful of fragrances. 
***
OK. I am going to endeavour to get to bed earlier tonight. 
***
Tomorrow, God will be there to meet us 
as we begin the day.
***
May Christ have mercy on us and save us!

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How amazing your snow is! We have a lovely sunny day here, but oh so cold.

Granny Marigold said...

Oh, you got lots of snow. So glad it didn't prevent you from going to church.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Thank you, about the candles!

Your pictures are a blessing to me.

Martha said...

Beautiful snow here, too!