Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday: busy, full and beautiful

























Liturgy this morning.
A dear friend's birthday at lunch at our local church...
We visited the candledesk man who is still at the rehab/nursing home place
before heading home... brought the church bulletin to him...  once home...
I wanted a nap.  I was too wired, with too much to do.
So...I had chai tea, chocolate and worked!
Emptied dishwasher, filled dish washer, washed other dishes.
Prepared and cooked the Chicken Paprika 
(Note to self: this dish needs at least 2 hours as the sauce
at the end needs time to reduce before adding the sour cream).
That said, this dish smelled SO good and tasted very delicious!!! 
I prepared the salads, boiled the potatoes...
sliced up an organic lemon for lemon water and put in fridge,
my friend came just as the chicken paprika needed the sauce 
finished (I was running behind) and she cut up the strawberries
while I did the 2 oranges. Wow, that that fruit taste delicious!!! 
The meal was lovely.  
Second meal note: cut the potatoes smaller (the big ones) when boiling.
The biscuits were SO GOOD and had this great lightness to them,
a hint of chewiness and a LOT of deliciousness!!! 
It was really nice to catch up with our friend...so much to talk about...
we had lavender and rose petal tea with the
Sour Cream Cherry Pie which was lovely,
though once again, I am thinking: it needs lemon...and a bit less sugar.
But really good! It was a lovely meal and it was super fun
to use our Dutch themed English dishes!
And the covered vegetable dish (the gorgeous gold and white one)
that I got for a super steal (only 20$!!!!) at the VNA rummage sale! 
I have all the dishes washed and they are all drip-drying now...
It's almost Midnight, so I better get going on getting rest...
tomorrow is cleaning-house day and I have a bunch of towels
ready to be washed tomorrow... I go through so many dish towels
and wash clothes, esp when baking and cooking a bigger meal!
The additional good news, about this meal, is that I have leftovers!
So I don't have to cook for the next 2 nights!
Which is good because it was a lot of work... but worth it!
***
God bless each of you.
I am thinking a lot of our dear candle desk man,
as well as our newly departed +Uncle Hank and how my 
Aunts and Uncles are all getting older and well,
I nearly cried when talking to my Mom about this...
I am so blessed to have family who I love so much and care about..
May God help all of us, no matter what we are facing... 
Lord have mercy on us!


5 comments:

karen said...

your meal and table setting looks lovely and what a way to share time with a friend. I also think of time marching on and people aging. (including me.) I like my life to be 'busy' enough that I don't dwell on it but I like lots of free time in my life to daydream. It's a balance.

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like a successful, delicious and fun meal with your friend!

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth! Another lovely table and a wonderful looking meal. I would love to sit at your table and share an afternoon together. It's been four weeks since I have been to church and three weeks since my surgery and now I able to sit at the computer for a short period of time. It was nice to stop by and see how you are doing. Blessings!

Granny Marigold said...

I think your meal was a big success. Isn't it nice to have enough leftovers so you don't need to think of making anything else for a day or two.

Martha said...

That sour cream cherry tart sounds delightful. And the tea, any kind of rose tea is nice. Good you could catch up with your friends. I love your cloth napkins with rings on them!