Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Well then, a hard day but what an uplifting word I was given








Today was a day when I felt like everything I was hearing
was of tragedy and I was exhausted and overwhelmed.
However, Granny Marigold gave me such an 
encouraging word that I am going to share it here,
as Granny Marigold wrote in her comment on my last post: 

Getting old isn't easy; some age with less physical and mental problems than others.

I have a journal where I write bits from books, things that I've liked, and so I'll write this one by Katie Funk Wiebe who wrote a book called Alone after her husband died.

"It takes courage to grow old, to be brave enough to accept a flawed world with its excessive violence, unrest, and loss of a moral compass, yet cling to ideals and hang onto an inner core of beliefs and values. It is important to hang on to faith, to trust and not be afraid."

These words were a real balm to me today, everything about it,
every word was like the rope I was looking for, awash in struggles.
Thank you so much Granny Marigold for these words.... 
I clearly need to know more about this author, Katie Funk Weibe,
and I was not surprised to learn that she was Canadian... and Mennonite...
my time in BC in the late 1990s and early 2000s at TWU
gave me training on some of the well known last names (like Weibe)
though I did not know this particular author...
I am going to try to get her book Alone, as that one esp. seems like
one I will want to read and gain courage from,
not that I am worried about my Husband but that I need courage...

May God have mercy on all of us! 


2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so glad you found that quote helpful. Blessings, GM

Lisa Richards said...

A good and true word from Granny! :)