Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday Uplifting




















Today was better.  
Helped that I got more sleep!
I am loving my new planner and, after telling my Husband that I really
did not want to lose my writing space 
(the long table had to be moved, it was time) and learned that he
agreed that the smaller card table would be great to have 
where half of the long table was, and exactly where I was doing my 
writing/planning/list making. 
So I set up a new table, just for me, with everything exactly as I want it.
It feels like a huge creative breakthrough for me;
I bought the planner on a whim at TJ Maxx but have really been enjoying
using it...reminds me of the good days I had in school, when everything 
was on the upswing and I had various things I was doing and feeling good about. 
I am really hoping that my sense that I have turned a corner,
even though various things are still hard, 
in terms of building a life that has both meaning and community in it
for me (not that I have not had meaning or community,
that's a long discussion I don't have time for, but that what I had 
in Ottawa was a lot of both and I had to rebuild both and my situation
is complicated by location in a whole host of ways that have left me
struggling on and off since I moved). 
***
A big part of what I feel is changing is three-fold...
1. our unbloggable struggle eased up significantly, opening new things for me
2. Joining the NYC library I joined
3. Having a planner and feeling like I can make goals that are attainable.
***
So I have done some brainstorming and list-making for the fall tonight
and I feel excited about it.  
But I know also that I have to be realistic, careful; as in sometimes
I try to do too much and that leads to overwhelm. 
***
One thing I have decided to do is that I am going to look 
for someone to do the quilting for my goddaughter's quilt. 
I designed, cut and sewed all the patches together and got the 3 layers ready
for quilting. But I would really like this project to get done
but I have some huge writing-dreams that I want to focus on,
so at a discussion with Mr Husband over lunch,
we decided I can look into it being done professionally. 
I am relieved.  It's part of my goal setting is to figure out what 
I want to do and what the best way is to do it. 
And that's really the best way, from what I can see now,
so that I can have time open to do the other things I want to accomplish. 
***
Went to the vespers for the (new calendar) Feast of Dormition
and got lovely flowers and herbs afterwards to be blessed tomorrow
at liturgy.  It's going to be a nice day out I hope and Friday I am staying home
to get various things done. 
I ordered some more Orthodox books (in part for me to see for possible
bookstore inventory for later) and am going to do some more ordering this week. 
***
One step at a time... 
***
Emails and blog comments this week have been a real blessing to me.
Thank you to everyone who has sent them.
May God bless each of us and save us!
And comfort us in whatever hard we are facing... 

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

Such a good idea to have the quilt professionally sewn. Many of my friends do the same and they do look very good. Maybe you might find a quilting group or club who would know of someone who does machine quilting?