Saturday, August 24, 2019

Thankfulness for many moments of today














As I was doing the blog post I wrote this morning,
jogging down memory lane to when I first had Cleo,
I was reading various ones out loud to Mr Husband,
as it was years before we had met and Cleo heard me reading
her name various times and came out of her carrier to where I was at the couch...
I held her for a bit and then put her down and Mr Husband petted her like he used to
when she would come for attention and petting when he was doing his morning exercises...
So that was a sweet moment... Cleo enjoyed cat food earlier today
 (some tuna and some other I think)
and had vanilla ice cream but did not want much milk... 
Mr Husband and I went swimming...I did 9 or 10 laps! (lost count).
We went to vespers and then out for Chinese... it was really good... 
I had egg plant... was surprised ot see it deep fried but the garlic sauce was sweet 
but not overly sweet and at times it has
a lovely sense of heat to it... 
Mr Husband had soft shell crab, also deep fried with batter
and tons of chilies! It was actually a bit too hot... 
but still, a nice meal... and a fun new to us restaurant! 
We knew it was a good sign that various people eating there
were Chinese speaking the language... 
My Husband and I love other cultures
and being there was relaxing to me... 
and Mr Husband spoiled me
and let me get some Indian takeout for later...
I noticed that Cleo came out of her carrier after we came home,
from swimming this morning... and felt that it would be good for me to 
stay nearby... since I really can't tell fully how she is doing,
as she is a bit all over the place in terms of what she is doing/how she is doing...
so I am staying local while Mr Husband goes to our far-away church
as he has some deliveries of books to make :) 
I saw so strongly, when I was reading through old blog posts this morning,
how God gave me Cleo right when I needed her most,
those 13 years ago... I am so very thankful to God for her presence in my life!
Now I just want to show my thankfulness by doing my best to take
care of Cleo in her end days... 
It's kind of confusing - the grief - and not knowing how long she has left -
but various friends have sent such loving messages to me
and I am so grateful for that. 
And I can trust God to always provide for me... just like He gave me Cleo...
***
So many hard things in life...
and I see dear ones to me locally who are in their 70s or 80s suffering...
May God bless us and help us all in our times of need
and our times of suffering! 
May the Lord have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am so sorry about your sweet kitty. They bring such joy into our lives don't they? Just remember she has had a wonderful life with you and she will know your comforting love all her days. Sending you a comforting hug.