Friday, August 09, 2019

Fri-YAY: Lunch out, shopping and a lot of blessings


 Tried a new FD granola (the one I usually get was out of stock the day I needed it)
and it was really good.... like HELLO deliciousness! 
I can't wait to have breakfast DV tomorrow, LOL...
It's funny how food is often what I look forward to... but it's true
and a blessing...!


I went out for lunch with my friend Photini who is doing so MUCH better...
she had a really though time this past year and we are still praying for her...
I took lightrail afterwards to do shopping for groceries, esp things I can't easily
get with online sources, like decently priced Kraft Caramels for 
the Turtle Bars I hope to make for Christmas baking! 
I also re-stocked our Gatorade as sometimes our electrolytes feel off and 
we need a boost (and I like to have them around for if/when we get sick)
So between things like that, my cart was heavy!  
The above picture was of construction near the shopping centre
and do you see all the construction men in the yellow 
"elevator" type machine outside the building? 
A bunch of them were all going down, I think probably done for the day?
There is so much construction around here now days...


Mr Husband brought home more flowers :) 


It was St Panteleimon's day today (old calendar)... St  Panteleimon is an 
early Christian martyr known for prayers for healing.
We had (fish sticks but still...) fish for dinner for his day... :)
I had leftover noodles that I added olive oil and lemon juice too,
with salt and pepper done by each person...
it was good! 


Cleo decided she liked this spot until I took away the red towel and
put down a thicker pad on top of the books... LOL... so we will see if she goes back 
there again or not... she is always trying out new spots to be... 
***
I talked with a friend on the phone and it was nice to have my Husband home
again after his work and so nice that I was able to go
to the store and stock up on things...
I hope to do more baking again soon...
and quilting....
***
May God have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Apricot Pistachio granola sounds delicious.
The flowers your DH brought home this time are very unusual. But lovely.
Cleo is funny. Cats choose strange places to curl up in, don't they. I don't have a cat but my son's family has 2. Due to all the things they can get into up here we have to keep the connecting door between our places firmly shut. One of the cats was found by my son abandoned in an apartment at the complex he manages. The people had skipped out ( without paying the rent) and left the poor kitten to fend for itself. It was a few days before he found it. Maybe for this reason this cat has a voracious appetite. Maybe she remembers being hungry as a kitten.