Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thursday Beauty (Dormition) and Order


























Liturgy was so beautiful.
Flowers and herbs blessed (I brought basil and dill).
Lunch afterwards with a friend. 
Then I visited our Candle Desk Man and brought him a 
"vase" made out of a kombucha bottle with kraft paper taped over it. :) 
And so he got some blessed flowers from liturgy... 
his sister was there too, we had a nice visit. 
Then home.  Rested and then did online errands and such things,
dishes, cleaning/tidying... I am still loving my desk and planner area...
I got groceries delivered and by the time everything was done...
it was 7 PM, Mr Husband was coming home 
and I quick washed the spinach, some strawberries, toasted some really good
bread, got the PB and Jam out...and called it dinner! 
I am really blessed that Mr Husband did not mind :) 
Of course I could eat PB and Jam pretty much night-and-day :) 
Tomorrow though, I hope to make a potato dish with dill.  I am still researching 
how to do that. Any suggestions (fast-friendly/vegan)?  I know I need to 
go look at My Berlin Kitchen, as she had a potato salad that was 
vinegar-based and that is exactly what I need! 
I reached out to a quilter who has a long arm machine; I am still waiting to hear 
back from her but at least I have started! 
Elizabethd, I did exactly what you were thinking, used my quilt guild to get
names of people to quilt the quilt I made! :) 
Tomorrow I am excited to stay home... 
I won't have a day home by myself until next week Thursday, 
so I am going to make tomorrow count, God willing that is! 
I hope all who celebrated the special feast day of Holy Dormition had a blessed day!
May God help us all as we seek Him in all places of our lives... 

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Elizabeth, the fabrics in your church are so lovely, the robes and cloths. I want to touch them.
So glad you are finding a quilter to help you, it will look so nice.
Potatoes in a creamy dill sauce might be nice?

Paula said...

You could make hot German potato salad. I know it calls for bacon, but I often make it without because I don't have the bacon handy or I don't want to because I don't like bacon in my food :) https://fletchingtonfarms.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/hot-german-potato-salad/ The dill would be a nice addition?

Granny Marigold said...

I love the way the light shines into the church. It's quite beautiful.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful church. The setting is lovely. I love the idea of cooking with the blessed herbs. There are times when I wish I could get away with PB and jam on bread for a meal. Hope the long arm quilting gets back to you.

Lisa said...

I guess we have this holy day the same time as you do - (and maybe I say this to you every year - LOL)