Monday, August 19, 2019

Transfiguration Monday








We were away at vigil for the Feast of Transfiguration
and liturgy for the Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ this morning...
It was lovely... always different, always special...
a Grandfather and father of ones in our church had recently fallen asleep in the Lord
and his body was resting at church, surrounded by prayers... 
this was beautiful to see... 
As I type I can smell a pasta sauce I just made
I used olive oil with onion first, then once the onion is caramelizing, 
I added 4 chopped blessed tomatoes with seeds and simmered.
I chopped up our blessed basil and added that and a bit of 
jarred minced garlic and more olive oil and let it all mix
and simmer together.  It will have a wonderful tang to it... the smell of it
newly cooked is wonderful... 



So Cleo is seeming to be declining further... 
while still loving her treats and drinking water, she is hiding out more,
does not sit on top of my chair any more or visit us much;
this is VERY out of character for her.
We are taking her to the vet again this Wednesday.
She is 16 and while I don't know when, yet, I am preparing to lose her.
I think she has lost even more weight. 
Please pray for wisdom for us. 


I gave her the kitty blanket to lay on but of course,
she was contrary and chose the tile floor....
***
Well, I am still planning on going to NYC tomorrow
so I better get on to bed. 
***
May God help us with whatever it is we are facing.
With God, we can face it; He can carry us through...

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry Cleo is doing less well. It must be so hard facing the inevitable.

Tracy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL and TASTY Feast Day! :) So glad you shared the day with us, Elizabeth. That's a delicious pasta sauce you've been making too... Oh, but how very, very sad and sorry I am to see/hear of sweet Cleo... Prayers for you for strength and courage! It is so hard losing a beloved pet... My heart goes out to you both very much! GOD BLESS you, and Cleo too... ((LOVE & HUGS))

Lisa Richards said...

So sorry to hear about Cleo. Even when animals live very long lives it still seems too short. God bless you all!

shoreacres said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo's difficulties. Letting go of a beloved pet is so hard, but they do have their ways of letting us know when the time has come. I know you'll do what's best for her -- I hope you have her for some time yet.