Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ, a visit, ice cream and resting














Church this morning for the Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ (new calendar)
and then a friend from church (T.) and I went to visit our dear candle desk man,
who is still not at home because of his health. 
***
I am worried about a friend I know from long ago. 
It's hard to see the struggles that year ago, we never anticipated.
***
I talked to my Grandma today.
I totally forgot the question I was going to ask her
(I forget how she and Grandpa met!)
but we talked all about what we were baking or going to be baking.
She made banana bars with cream cheese icing and is going to make another
dish with cherries and almond.
I am hoping to make the brown butter cherry bars.
I love that my Grandma is so active and still bakes so often.
And is open to trying new recipes and still reads new recipes.
She is one of my main heroes for many reasons, 
including this! 
***
I can tell I need some rest tomorrow... but I may go to NYC Thursday.
We will see.  Depends what I get done here and what seems best at the time.
***
May God help us and have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

You are fortunate to have your Grandma still, and that she's still able to go about her daily chores ( such as baking).
I was wondering about the significance of all the fruit in church today. Did it have anything to do with the feast of transfiguration?