Saturday, August 17, 2019

Saturday and It's Almost Sunday




A good day.
Laundry done. 
Dishes done.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread (aka Smitten Kitchen) but made vegan
(vegan butter, egg replacement powder + water).
Delicious.
I wrote a lot of letters between yesterday and today.
I am making goals and plans in a new way.
Working on church bookstore purchases. 
Thinking about my big research project + my other essays.
I can see that the writing stuff is going to take a long time.
September is already very busy.
And I have to get baking.
So far I have one thing in the freezer for Christmas baking:
the brown butter cherry bars.
I want to do so much.
We shall see what happens...
I am thankful for it all.
Above all, quiet, thankful; that is where I want to end up;
with Christ, quiet, thankful, with.

5 comments:

Becki said...

Your ripe bananas in a picture above remind me that I want to make banana bread soon. I keep buying bananas hoping that some will go ripe before we can eat them. But DH keeps eating them up - I think so as to not let them go to waste. lol It seems stores here used to sell overly ripe bananas (at a discount), but I haven't seen any in a very long time.

Lisa said...

That chocolate banana bread looks so good! And you have something in the freezer ALREADY for Christmas, Elizabeth? You are a better man (:D) than I am! It's too hot/humid for baking - I've been lazy every weekend for the past couple of months and serving ice cream for dessert on Sundays instead of making something myself. (now I'm getting quite accustomed to ice cream, when I used to think I was indifferent to it). Even with the AC, I don't want to use the oven for baking. (right now I've got meatballs in there)

Lisa Richards said...

The banana bread looks scrumptious! I always have so many projects revolving in my head, but seldom sit down and do them. My company will be leaving soon and maybe then I'll fill some time with writing or knitting or cooking. It's nice just to have lots of ideas for things to do, just to look forward to them. Being quiet with Jesus is one of the most important things. Lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

Quiet and thankful... you have your priorities right.
Your banana loaf looks great and it probably tastes even better.

Cheryl said...

I was just thinking of making some banana chocolate bread. I can almost smell it, looking at yours. You are good gearing up for Christmas, by planning to bake and freeze. Taking time to plan is something I really should do.