Saturday, August 03, 2019

Saturday: in which I collapse in a heap







I slept till 10 AM.
And I was still exhausted. 
I had a nightmare for the last bit of that sleep.
I ate breakfast. Cookies. Lunch. 
Nap + reading - nap did not take.
Picked up Cleo meds as she was running out.
Napped. 
Tried to give Cleo a new med.  New med failed miserably.  
Promised Cleo she would NEVER had to try that med again.
Went out for dinner.
Did not love the salad. 
Enjoyed the burger though I think it was slightly over salted,
perhaps on the 2 big slices of tomato.   Drank lots more water.
Started to feel better in terms of just feeling 
utterly drained physically.
There was a festival downtown, CRAZY traffic and 
we stayed home and did vespers at home.
Still quite tired.  Throat hinting at sickness.  I know I need
to be careful and rest. 
It was so so stressful, these last weeks esp as the Friday
appointment got closer 
(and of course 2 deaths, Uncle Hank, Uncle Al (not biological uncle)
was also an added unexpected sad. 
We are staying local DV for church so that I can get more rest.
I am really hoping to go to NYC on Tuesday.
I realized that this year US Thanksgiving is LATE.
Like November 28th which is the start of the Nativity fast for us
(on the Julian/"old" calendar) so no turkey or dairy.
So I am researching options. 
I am also planning our Slava (the party for our patron Saint,
Christian martyr St Phanourios)
and am thinking of trying a beef bourguignon....
a Ruth R. recipe from her first book caught my attention... 
I found this recipe information helpful to see what someone 
else thought of Julia' Child's version and 
I think I will be doing a bit of a combination of the 2 plus
what I find from my own research... and going back to the RR' recipe that
first caught my attention... 
Well.  Cleo is recovered from the failed medicine happening
(I had crushed a new med in with some milk, using a plastic syringe
that I can put it in her mouth and she fought it like the house was on fire
and she needed to get OUT)
She is now enjoying some wet cat food and is happy.
I know that with some more rest I will be feeling better.
These things take time.
I pray that God will have mercy on all of us and save us!


5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry that your situation right now is stressing you. Good thing you're taking care to get lots of rest. I can see that there might be a problem with the usual menu on Thanksgiving so I hope you can think of a solution.

elizabeth said...

GM, my situation is much better! Iam just exhausted from the previous stress and the long day on Friday

Lisa Richards said...

Rest seems to be an elusive thing! :) I tend to stay up too late (following rabbit trails online, mostly) and pay the price the next day. Hope you get caught up soon! God bless!

karen said...

sorry the medicine for your cat wasn't fun, cats are hard to medicate (compared to a dog). I hope you do not get a cold/virus/illness with the throat, fingers crossed it is allergies.

Becki said...

I hope the rest of your weekend has been restful and given you some more time to recover. We have been having non-traditional Thanksgivings the past several years, and I've found that refreshing. We've had venison and shrimp, lasagna, last year we had ham. It's funny, though, what becomes a tradition. I don't think my sons care at all what the main dish is as long as we have corn casserole and pumpkin pie. Now, granted... corn casserole doesn't go with everything, but honestly, I suspect that little detail doesn't matter at all to the sons who look forward to that dish at holiday time. ;^)