Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Well, that was nice - tea and lunch with a friend, vegan 'chicken' soup and sewing progress

















Well! I have a lovely time tidying, cleaning bathroom and kitchen,
baking Koek! (FINALLY I got to bake!!), setting up table for lunch and tea,
having my newer friend over for lunch and tea...
and she knitted afterwards while I worked nearby on my goddaughter's quilt
and we talked and talked and it was so nice and I can't tell you the 
blessing this was. 
(I have very few friends locally who can visit during the day).
And I am only 2 strips away from having the quilt top all in sections 
instead of in strips of patchwork squares sewn together, 
waiting to be sewn into larger blocks to later become the quilt top.
So that was wonderful.
We still have colds coughing sore throats and the like
so tonight I made (with vegan 'chicken' base for broth) soup with 
sliced think carrots (2) and spaghetti (quickly broken in half and thrown in) and
it was lovely, soothing and nice. 
I had a big thing to pray about today related to our unbloggable
and I was praying as prepared dinner and listening to a lovely simple
piece called 'Bluebird' and here it is:


Lovely, isn't it!?!
Well, I don't know when the unbloggable will change
but my prayers had lots of 'please, please, please' included.
But I know God knows what is going on and how He can use our situation
and while it's hard, if we live it moment by moment,
there are still times like today, of beauty, connection, creative pursuits and hope.
I am so thankful.
Each day is different and I know that tomorrow could be harder than today
but today was a gift and I am merely so thankful for it
(and doing my best not to let the good day be stolen by worry about 
that which is not in this good day!)
God bless each of you.
We are all in such hard places at times and I see so many of my dear ones
struggling with continued burdens.
All I know is that we have to keep our eyes on the hills:

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

It is so lovely to have friend visiting during the day. I find it very cheering.

Lisa Richards said...

I love the bright colors in your baby quilt! It will be so beautiful!
I made a pot full of chicken soup/stew yesterday. I needed to use up a bag of frozen breast tenders and they worked really well. I pretty much just added peas, carrots (canned for both), egg noodles and a small can of cream of chicken soup to add some flavor. I took 2/3 of it to my daughter because I don't want to be eating it forever! (I call it soup/stew because it turned out rather thick after the noodles soaked up much of the broth!) I'm not a big egg noodle fan, so next time maybe I'll use potatoes, and then it really will be chicken stew! :)
I agree it's important not to spoil the good things of today by worrying about tomorrow. Luke 12:22-? is my go to when I'm worrying. (Hope I got that reference right. The "Don't worry" verses, lol.
Enjoyed all the pretty pictures. Love that teapot!

Emily H. said...

Beautiful baby quilt! I am trying to make one for Leo and so far I only have the squares cut out. It will be the first quilt I've made but I'm inspired by watching your quilts come together so lovely!